take it slow(6)

__________________________

kaycees pov

Kaycee woke up the next morning, warm and cozy, the most comfortable she'd ever been. She kept her eyes shut, wanting to stay in the same spot for as long as she could. Taking a deep breath, she sank into her position, nuzzling her face into what she thought was a blanket until she heard a soft moan. Here eyes shot open, immediately remembering what had happened last night. Kaycee was wrapped in seans arms, one of his arms around her waist and one resting in her hair, her head was on his chest, her legs tucked up into his stomach. She panicked, never have even coming close to a boy, to cuddling with one in her sleep?! Kaycee went to slowly pull away from his warm embrace but was stopped when Sean pulled her closer, whispering into her ear, his eyes still closed.

"morning princess." he gave a small laugh into her hair, before realizing his grasp on her, obviously aware how anxious she was. She stood up, running her hands through her curls, pacing slowly.

"kayc? whats wrong?" Sean sat up on the couch, a worried expression present on his face.

"im sorry, i'm just not used to all of this, i've literally only had one friend my whole life, so letting someone new in is just really hard..." she could feel her eyes start to water, put focused on keeping them in. Sean stood up and made his way over to her.

"can I give you a hug kayc?" he was standing near her, but wanted to make sure that she comfortable with everything. she gave small nod and he wrapped his arms around her, squeezing her tight. Kaycee could no longer hold in her tears, letting them soak seans shirt.

"im so sorry Sean.... your shirts wet." she pulled he face away from his chest, looking up at him.

"you need to stop saying sorry kaycee." Sean ran his hand through her hair. she gave small nod,

"do you think we could just take things slow?" she asked him, not exactly sure what she was implying. "like can we just be friends for now?"

"anything for you princess." he smiled at her, ringing her into his chest for one more hug before letting her go. "how about some breakfast"

"sounds great." she smiled at him, breathing a sigh of relief.

~~~

seans pov

After breakfast, the two decided that they should practice for the musical, since that was the main reason that he had even invited her over.

Sean lead kaycee towards a room down the hall from the kitchen, slowly opening the door.

"here's my music room." he glanced over at kaycee to see her reaction to his favourite place in his house. Her mouth hung open, covering it quickly with her hand.

"this is incredible sean." she said quietly. The large room contained all sorts of instruments mounted of the walls, records of his favourite artists plastered above them, a couch for his friends when they came over, and a grand piano, positioned in the centre of the floor.

He moved to sit on the piano bench, motioning for her to join him, she took careful steps as if she was in a forbidden place and sat down beside him, her side flush with his thanks to the limited space on the small bench.

Sean places his fingers onto the keys and began to play the melody of the song kaycee had been struggling with.

she looked into his eyes and sang from the bottom of her heart, sean could immediately see how much more comfortable she was with him. making her singing stronger, more confident, she hit every single note to the T. sean presses the last few keys, ending the short song.

"kaycee you're incredible." sean said, his heart racing.

she looked down and blushed as she always did but surprised sean when she looked up.

"you're pretty incredible too." she gave a small smile.

kaycees phone buzzed from inside her pocket, she pulled it out and groaned.

"my sisters wondering when i'll be home."

"well i can drive you home." sean said, happy that she seemed disappointed in the thought of leaving. "but let's get you some clean clothes before you we leave."

"sean it's totally fine." she said, shaking her head.

"at least let me give you a new sweater, you've slept in the one your wearing." he said, not giving in. she gave a small nod and followed sean out of the music room and up the stairs towards his bedroom.

Sean dug through his closet, finding a sweater that would fit her small stature. He pulled one out from the back of the rack, one he hadn't worn in years and was sure was too small for him.

"here, this one doesnt even fit me anymore so it shouldn't be too big on you." he smiled, handing kaycee the sweater, she thanked him and pulled it over her head. it was still enormous on her, but sean couldn't help but grin seeing her in his clothes.

They both made their way out to seans car, Sean quickly making his way over to the passenger door, opening it and presenting it to her.

"m'lady." he did a small bow, making kaycee giggle.

"why thank you sir." she attempted to do a small curtsy but tripped over her feet, making her stumble.

"might have to work on that princess poise." Sean laughed, a kindness in his voice. she nodded, and stepped into the car.

They blasted music, both of them singing at the top of their lungs. Sean couldn't stop smiling, and he hadn't stopped since the day he had met her. She was a light in his life, even though he'd only met her a few weeks ago, it seemed like he'd known her for ages. They fit together like pieces to a puzzle, always destined to meet. And even though he knew she didn't completely trust him yet, which he understood, he could tell that she was coming closer. He wanted to protect her, to make her laugh, to sing with her, to hold her hand, to just do everything with her... the energy he felt around her was like nothing he'd ever known. He would do anything to make sure that kaycee knew she could trust him, he just hoped that she wouldn't let the schools opinion on him influence her.

Sean pulled into the driveway of the house that kaycee had told him was hers, she reached for the door handle but beofre she could open it, sean grabbed her arm.

"kaycee wait." he said, she sat back down into her seat looking at him quizzically.

"what?"

"do you think i could get your phone number?" he asked, feeling a heat rising to his cheeks, he'd never asked a girl for her number before.

"sure shamu." she smiled sweetly, accepting the phone and typing out her number. Sean took it from her and typed something into the contact, grinning from ear to ear.

"perfect." he said, kaycee leaning over his shoulder to see what he had written. There, where her name should've gone was 'my princess👸🏼'. kaycee rolled her eyes, turning back to the car door. As she began walking up the front steps, sean called out.

"see you on monday princess!" he gave her a dimpled smile and drove away.

__________________

an// here's a short chapter that i need to post, there will be longer ones coming, this is just sort of a filler chapter.

as always please leave your thoughts in the comments!!! i love hearing all the feedback, it helps me improve my writing:)

-love you guys!!