Loss

The dragon slowly breathed in, drawing Astrid and the Deadly Nadder into its mouth. "Um, Hiccup?!" Astrids yelled. Toothless plasma blasted the dragons mouth, stopping the force of its jaw. "Whoo!" Astrid cheered as Katerina and Hiccup shot the dragon. The Vikings of Berk returned into the open and watched in amazement. Katerina was shooting the dragons lower body with Harpers amber so that Hiccup could get a good shot. "Katerina shoot the eyes!" Katerina flew Harper over the dragons back and under its stomach and shot all six eyes. "Fishlegs? Name suggestions?" Katerina yelled. "I know just the one! Red Death." Fishlegs responded giggling. "Red Death it is!"

Katerina was still shooting the Red Death, but the amber broke after it all dried. "Plan B?" Katerina flew over to Hiccup and Toothless. Hiccup sighed, "We'll lure it into the sky, then me and Toothless will finish it off." Katerina smiled as she spun Harper in a vortex into the thunder clouds with the Red Death following her. Hiccup waited below the clouds, "Hiccup! It's right behind us." Katerina warned as she sped by. "Okay go back down and check on the others." Katerina stopped and hovered Harper next to him. "If you die I will kill you!" She blew Hiccup a kiss and flew around the Red Death unnoticed.

Hiccup looked behind him as Toothless dodged the blasts of fire that it blew. "Okay bud! Let's do this." Hiccup disappeared into the clouds and randomly shot at the Red Death from in the darkness. It spotted Toothless and chased after him. "Okay this is not what we planned." Hiccup steered Toothless straight down and flew back up once they were behind its tail. They dodged the spines while flying up its back, "Are you ready Toothless?" The Red Death gathered the gas in its throat, Toothless fired his plasma blast right in the middle of the boiling gas.

Black smoke flew out of the clouds followed by a big crash. After a while of silence everyone became curious about Hiccups whereabouts. "Come on Hiccup." Astrid pleaded next to hopeful Katerina. "Katerina I think you should go up there and-" "Shh" Katerina put a finger on Astrid lips. "He'll make it." "Please Katerina. Make sure my son is ok." Stoick closed his eyes as he held Katerinas hands. Katerina hopped on Harper and held her hand out to Stoick, he took it willingly. Katerina flew where the crash was. "Well I guess we won't have to deal with that again." Katerina sighed as she observed the ripped skin and bare bones of the Red Death.

"There!" Stoick pointed to folded up Toothless. Katerina landed Harper and ran over. "Toothless!" Toothless opened his eyes. "Please, where is my son." Stoick knelt next to Toothless while he wept as Toothless payed no response into where Hiccup was. Katerina stared blankly at the ocean fighting back floods of tears. Toothless roared as he opened his fire proof wings to reveal Hiccup. Katerina let out a small cry as she ran to Hiccup and fell to her knees. Stoick shook him roughly. "Come on son." Hiccup slowly opened his tired eyes. "Dad?" "Aha! There's my son!" Stoick pulled him into a hug as he stood up. "Don't you ever do that again!" Katerina punched Hiccup and hugged him.

Snotlout coughed next to Katerina. "What about me?" Katerina scoffed and walked away. Tuffnut cackled, "Better luck next time 'groom'." Astrid ran over and stood next to Hiccup as he chuckled nervously. Astrid slowly kissed him on the cheek. Astrid turned around to Katerina who was frozenly watching that whole scene. "Oh!" Astrid whispered something into Katerinas ear, "Do you mind if I date your best friend?" Katerina sighed, "You both are my best friends and no I don't mind." Astrid laughed and hugged her.