DLG Analysis 1

"In the swell of the night I'm bottomless, but come morning my soul can't afford to be empty."

So Dirty Little Gangster was something I came up with on the fly. I wanted to write about a topic that came naturally to me. Which recently had become all about apocalyptic worlds and gang shit. I enjoy making my own worlds because I have all of the control in them. They aren't guided by what's happening in our reality today and that feels better to me because writing is suppose to be my escape from reality.

So here, in Greystone Valley, I'm not worried about anything other than the woodlands, the fields and township, the lake that stretches around it. In my head the place is pretty nifty, close knit, and beautiful. I can feel the glazed trees as their rushes toss against the breeze. I can taste the crisp air that flows through the mazes of buildings downtown. It's truly an earthy experience.

My characters really differ in this story when usually they're really rough around the edges. I've only gotten to a few of them introduced so far. Hello, only two chapters in. But I have an idea for the trio that's coming in soon. I've even decided to make one of Rod's friends a girl. Rewinding just a little bit, I'd like to establish that there are a fair share of rough characters in Dirty Little Gangster. Like Randy Dunnings and Kanji Junee. But their group is rather tough in general so it makes sense.

To balance it out and continue on, July (who doesn't have a last name yet), will be introduced as a female character when originally I wanted her to be a guy. I'm not good at making female characters. But when I do they are very strong individuals that take on the world with an iron fist. However, because Rod and his friends get bullied a lot I feel like July will be more on the sensitive side. Maybe a little meeker than a lot of the female characters I've made in the past.

I'm also going by her name too, which just sounds a little more docile despite the fact that the fourth is explosive. However. I'll save more of her for the story. Wink wonk.

I think, as well, Bramse East takes on more of my personal sensitive side. He's self conscious at times, in the sense that he doesn't want people to look too closely at him because he's afraid they'll see who he really is. I relate to that because I often feel like a monster on the inside, even though like Brams, I'm not. Even if Brams isn't human, he still feels empathy, knows right from wrong, and practices kindness. Just like I do. Writing about him as a gentle beast often calms me and in his soul I rest my head.

To be continued...