2 - Gabriel | Business

"Kelly, what the hell?!"

"What is it sir?" My assistant stands in front of my desk, a clipboard in one hand and a pen in the other. Her blonde hair was held up tightly in a bun on the back of her head. Her suit was ironed straight and resembled the word "new" all the way down to her shoes. That's what my company represented, clean, smart, rich personas. I had no guilt or doubt saying those words to someone, I worked for this all my life; dreamt of being the CEO of my own company and it's finally reality.

Of course there was several problems along the way, but you can't get anywhere in life without problems. There'd be no fun in that anyways.

Except for right now.

"Where the fuck are my blueprints?" I slam my hand down on my messy desk, slowly gazing up at her, the sound echoing off of the walls. She jumps slightly, immediately looking at her clipboard, "well s-sir they're supposed to be here, in your office", she quickly looks back up to meet my eyes.

I raise my brow at her and stand up, my suit falls back to place as I slowly make my way around my desk. My shoes click silently on the tight-carpeted messy floor. I avoid the papers and books like I memorized every inch of this floor that wasn't covered by something.

I stop in front of her, "they're supposed be to here, huh? Well no shit", I let out a strained chuckle before returning back to my harsh stare.

Her blue eyes pierced into mine, I could tell she was holding back the look of fear on her face. I click my tongue and run my hand along the underside of my face, "get me those damn blueprints or you're fired", I say, terrifyingly calm and point towards my office door.

She quickly scurries away, muttering an apology under her breath.

I sit on the edge of my desk and cross my legs, I sigh heavily and wrap my fingers around the dark wood. My palms dig into the sharp edges.

My office was a mess. It always was. Books from the bookshelf were scattered on the floor, opened to random pages that were somewhat important at the moment. Some being work related, others being...well, enjoyable at the time.

Stacks and stacks of papers were laid across several tables among my room. Some filled to the edge with notes and drawings while others were crossed out with a bright red marker. The paper coffee cups that filled up my trash can were a sign of staying up all night in here. My flatscreen tv that was hanging off of the wall in the corner of my office was switched onto the news channel, but put on silent.

I don't even remember the last time I shut that tv off.

Rulers and pencils were tossed around and could probably be found in every inch of this room.

I don't ever think I could work in a clean environment. Take one look at this office and you'll know what I mean.

The only thing worth seeing in my office was the large glass window that allowed the sun to spray brightly throughout the room. The window displays the entire city, just how I always wanted.

My father, also a businessman had the same thing for years. Until he lost it. He decided to destroy his life when he got the money to, and when he realized that it was a poor choice and tried to come back; he wasn't on top and he never would be again. He doesn't make twice as much as he used to, as much as I do right now.

I finally have the upper hand over him, and I would use it to my greatest advantage when he came to visit again.

I didn't know when that would be, he appears on his own time, never warning me. He expects me to give up my time for him, but I already gave up too much for him. I gave up school, my friends, my life. I wouldn't make that mistake again. The next visit I'm going to let him know how much time he wasted in my life and that I want him out for the rest of it. For good.