Yellow Dress

Lisa

2 years and seven months later

I didn't think I could get used to the glamorous life. One day earlier I was complaining about my day being too boring then fast forward to today where I'm wishing I'm at home petting cat bellies.

"Champagne?" A waiter came my way carrying a tray of five flutes. Had I not come here to represent a luxurious jewelry brand in a tight yellow dress with famous people, I'd be downing those in a heartbeat. 

But no. "I'm Lisa and I only drink Chivas, sorry." Could've said that if I'm drunk probably but instead I say. "I'll have to pass, thanks." I smile.

I glanced at my right hoping to spot my manager but I spotted a Hollywood actress instead. Normally, I would be star struck but this woman was rude to me in zoom meetings so clearly every interaction I have with her would be fake. 

Like everything in kpop is, it's all a pr stint. The cameras started to make continuous shutter noises when we pose for a pic together. 

She told me something and I laughed like it was funny. I jennie-rolled my eyes in the back of my head. I'm a professional I got this. I remind myself like a prayer.

I sighed inwardly while keeping a sweet smile plastered on my face. If he can do it so flawlessly without breaking character, then I can too.

The night before, I was watching their vlive comeback. Although we haven't been in touch since we decided to end things mutually, I still keep tabs on him from time to time. And it's not my fault their group is the most successful in all kpop history. So to avoid him completely will be out of my control. 

As always he and his mates delivered. Sure he looked quiet and - in some parts - distant, in that live but I know anxiety when I see it. The girls and I had a little meet up and that topic came up. BTS will take a break and it's happening soon. 

Taehyung must have been terrified. Whenever he's unclear about something, he guises it in a cool collected way like nothing can penetrate him. 

But deep down...

My smile faded for a second when I remembered how upset he got when I dumped him over a text just months before our real breakup happen. My text must've shocked him completely that he demanded to see me the next day. He was different from the smiley guy in airport dispatch photos.

Because when he got to me his face was anything but happy.

He was so mad.

When the event ended, a limo picked me up and I slumped on the leather seat at the back. I was ready to take on the next day like a trooper. Probably head to the spa before going to bed, but a text from my manager came in, and I couldn't stop myself from beaming.

"You look happy today, Miss." My driver noted chirping. He must've caught me smiling in the rear.

"Yeah, my manager emailed a good news. And I'll be going to Paris soon."

"That's great. You always love Paris."

"Right. I do love Paris." I giggled. "Hey ahjussi, can you turn on the stereo, I want to hear boss music."

"Sure thing, Miss."

"Thanks!"

Paris and Taehyung in the same sentence is definitely a good news.