𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄.

𝑢𝑛𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑝𝑜𝑣

    The two figures watched from the rooftop as the Collective glittered into existence. The group was dressed in their usual strange disguises. But not at their usual place. They had light-leaped to a back alley in Mysterium, hardly their usual hideout. And if the tip had been correct, the group they were meeting was even more unlikely.

    The Collective filed into a door in the alley. It wasn't one most would notice. A cold, grey door, boring and flat. It could easily have been the back entrance to a warehouse, or any other mundane thing. The figures quickly jumped off the roof, silently sneaking into the door behind them. They quickly darted behind a stack of crates, as to not be seen.

    Inside, a group of Council members stood, facing the Collective in the matching silver cloaks they occasionally wore. Only about three were present, probably so that the people would not worry over the sudden absence of the entire government.

    "So," Said one of the Council members. Alina. "Are you prepared?"

    "Very," Forkle promised. "We have made all the proper precautions." This caused the more light-hearted of the two figures to smirk. Almost all the proper precautions, he thought.

    "Very well then." Alina snapped her fingers, and another Council member came from behind a stack of boxes. They pushed a stretcher, where an unconscious boy lay, fast asleep.

    Before anyone even had time to blink, the two figures jumped up, grabbing onto the boy's arms. One of them held up a a pathfinder. It was a strange one, black, like magsidian, but with flecks of silver. The two pulled the boy off the stretcher and walked into the light, bringing the boy with them.

289 words