01

I hope you all enjoy the first "chapter" of Garden Kisses.

      THE drive to cousins beach from north carolina was a tiring one, to say the least

      THE drive to cousins beach from north carolina was a tiring one, to say the least. lyla had to drive most of the way, switching with aaliyah to help get her practice in, since she had received her license not that long ago, whenever they got off the highway back onto the main road. Playing on the radio, a mix of music enjoyed by both women, aaliyah couldn't help but stare outside the window, as the words of new edition's If it isn't love came from both women. she was continuously imagining how the summer would go.

from movie nights with all the mothers and her closet friend, belly. to late-night swims. finally being old enough for the debutant ball, the beach, the environment, the tennis courts calling her name. most of all, jeremiah fisher. the boy she had been giving unnoticed glances at every time he had walked by since the age of 10.

"liyah, we're almost at the gas station in town we can switch there and get some snacks." lyla had said, forcing aaliyah to come out of her daydreaming consciousness.

as the women had pulled into the gas station, they had somehow pulled up right behind the conklin's. as they parked, aaliyah had seen the oldest conklin sibling, steven, get out of the car and smile at the gooden women. he began walking to the car as aaliyah had quickly gotten out, opening his arms wide to embrace his best friend in a hug. as the women of the conklin family had followed right behind him, laurel immediately went to her friend and embraced her in a hug as well. while belly had walked behind steven waiting for her turn to hug her friend.

"What's up little li? hi lyla, how was the drive?" he had said while ending the hug and backing up a little from the girl.

"long and tiring, especially with this one thinking she could be the next winner of american idol." lyla had replied as the laughed at the expression on aaliyah's face.

"i wasn't even the only one singing. you were acting like you were the 7th member of new edition for the past hour!" aaliyah had said laughing as well.

"okay okay how about we go inside and get something to eat. belly, li go get the snacks, i'll do the gas for you guys." steven had said rushing the women as he was trying to hurry back on their way to the fisher's summer home.

"why thank you, steven, girls you heard him let's go." lyla had replied as she and laurel began walking into the gas station with the girls following right behind.

as they made it inside the older women went straight to the bathroom while the younger ones went straight to the snacks. belly heading to the chips and aaliyah heading to the drinks. as belly began to stuff her face with cheetos aaliyah laughed at her when she turned around with everyone's drinks in her arms, both of them not noticing the young cashier looking at them with a smile on his face.