Chapter 6

Life is hard and complicated. Imagine being an absolute nobody in your own country and you move to another and you're somebody. Back in Nigeria, I didn't have much friends, majority were my friends for the money. My ex even told me that to my face when he broke up with me. I was shattered to pieces and the worst thing was I got to see him everyday, though he wasn't in the same class with me, he was in a different arm but there was no way I could avoid him. Reasons I hate being in relationships.

Now, here I am in New York city, in Brooklyn technical highschool and I am so lucky enough to have the hottest guy in school as a cousin and the second hottest guy staring at me always whenever we end up in the same class.

Why am I thinking about this right now? I do not know. Am just laying on my bed with books filled with assignments, scattered all over my floor and I here I am thinking about life. What a human I am.

"Hey!" Kayla barged into my room making me fall off my bed to the floor.

"You could have at least knocked!" I said really annoyed.

"Girl, this is my house, so I don't have to knock just because I'm tryna call some human who is a guest in my house. Deal with it" she replied rudely.

"You kidding me right now? I know its your house_"

"Good, so we're balanced here. Whatever you wanted to say, I don't give a shit about it. Just wanna talk" she said, I scoffed.

"Okay? Whatsup" I replied.

"Not here, duh, your room is cringing me up right now" she said with a gross up face.

"Are you serious, its just books" I said really annoyed.

"That ain't my business and please wear something better, I ain't letting you seduce my brother" she left. Is she freaking serious. Yo, Dan's my cousin, why would he be seduced by looking at am wearing?!

I followed Kayla to the backyard and we sat by the pool on the loungers.

"So whatsup?" I started.

She sighed "okay, I know I've been behaving not so nice to you for a month now and I know you don't like me, I don't blame you though, I wouldn't like me either and I wanna change that cause you're my cousin and if I don't get along with my cousin, who would I get along with? I'm sorry for how I've treated you, its just that, that's how I am, I don't really get along with people though I got friends and I am popular at school but I have this social anxiety in me, so yeah" I never knew my rude messed up cousin would be so cousinly.

"Its okay, I get it, I know so many people like that, just didn't think you'd be one cause you look like a badass" she laughed

"Do I now, I get that a lot, you're not wrong though" she smiled.

"Its actually nice having a real conversation with you" I said.

"Really? That's nice, sisters?" She asked smiling. "Sisters". Silence filled the air as minutes passed before Kayla spoke again.

"Okay, so the main reason I called you out is because of someone" she said. "Who?" I asked curiously.

"So, it appears to me that one of my boyfriend is crushing on you" she grinned.

"One of your boyfriend? How many do you have exactly?" I asked.

"Oh no, don't get me wrong. When I say boyfriends I mean male friends not actual  boyfriends" she laughed.

"Oh my bad, so one of your male friend has a crush on me?" I asked. "Yup"

"Do I know him?" I asked. "Pretty much" she answered. I began to wreck my brain to figure out who it was but what's the point, I don't even know Kayla's friends. "Please who is it?" I asked tired of cracking my brains.

"I'll give you a hint. He's super hot, blue eyes, every girls dream guy..."

"Damien" I said with no stress, though after cracking my brains during the first attempt. Wait! Damien got a crush on me?! How is that even possible.

"Wait a minute, Damien, the Damien Dickson, has a crush on me?" I asked.

"Yup, you, my cousin" she smiled widely.

"Are you sure rn, cause I don't understand" I said confused.

"I'll give you time to process it all in your brain" she said getting up.

"So y'all talk, I mean you and Damien"

"Yh, we are tight friends. Its more like me, Damien, Jake, Ryan and Kera. We good  friends" she smiled "I'll give you more time to think about it" she left.

***

Here I am in my room, still tryna process everything Kayla had told me

Here I am in my room, still tryna process everything Kayla had told me. Was that the reason he always stared at me whenever we end up in the same class. But I don't even know him, all I know is he's a guy almost every girl in school is crushing on and he doesn't know me either.

I went to Kayla's room after an hour of thinking like she had told me to do. Her room is actually pretty nice, this is the first time i'm seeing it since I got here and that's like a month and weeks and its pretty cool, purple walls and wow she's a gamer. (Picture above)

"Hey, you done processing everything?" She asked looking at her phone.

"Yh, I guess. But how did you know anyway, did he like tell you?" I asked.

"Nooo... He didn't but I noticed it. He's always like 'the new girl's cute, the new girl's this and that' so its obvious, though he behaves stupid so I don't actually know" she shrugged.

"Hang on a minute, so because he talks about me and all means he likes me? He didn't even say anything about liking me and you just jumped into conclusion that he does. C'mon girl" I felt annoyed.

"I'm sorry but its obvious, tell me he doesn't look at you whenever y'all have a class together" she smirked.

"Uhmmm... I mean, Yh he does but that doesn't mean anything" I shrugged feeling shy all of a sudden.

"Look Tari, he shows it bit don't fall, he's a player. He changes girls like my brother changes clubs, so I advice you not to fall okay. I know him, I wouldn't have told you this because he's one of my best friends but you're my cousin and we live in the same house and I hate staying in a house with someone who cries everyday" she said. Wow, she doesn't want me to be heartbroken, well not because she cares anyway.