New job.

As I scroll through the papers to look for a job I sigh loudly in frustration. Why is there no jobs nowadays? I thought to myself.

Recently I lost my job at some crappy food restaurant because they are going bust, it wasn't my dream job but it helped paid the bills whilst I went to college part time to be a makeup artist.

I was really starting to panic because I had to pay the bills in a weeks time and I only had £100 left. I had to find a job and quick!!

It wasn't until the next page I saw a ad for a cleaner in London which was only an hour from me, it wasn't ideal but I was desperate so I called the number.

"Hello" a man spoke.

"Oh hi I am enquiring about your ad in the paper for a cleaner I just wondered if it's still available?" I ask politely.

"Ah yes it's still available are you around the area tomorrow for a interview?" He asks me.

"Thing is I'm an hour away but I desperately need a job to pay my rent for this month so I will have to get a early train, is that a problem?" I ask sounding worried.

"Hmm well you seem keen on wanting a job so if you could come tomorrow we can then discuss further details and sort out the distance thing, how does that sound?" He asks sounding positive.

"Yes that's brilliant thank you, sorry I forgot to say my name.. it's Millie James" I say.

"Hello Millie well urrr my name is Jason Isaacs, I have a wife.. she is called Emma and we have two teenage daughters." He says.

"Aw how lovely!" I say politely.

"So here's the address Millie can you jot it down for me?" He asks me.

"Let me grab a pen!!" I say.

"Ok I have one!" I say.

"Right it's  ________ and then when you press the buzzer at the door just ask for Jason and that you are applying for the cleaner job ok?" He asks.

"Ok I've wrote it down, that's brilliant thank you so much see you tomorrow!" I say trying not to get too excited.

"See you tomorrow Millie!" He says and then I put the phone down.

I got up and danced around my room, things are finally looking up!!!!!

I decided to call my girls to celebrate with some drinks at our local pub.

"You coming out Jessie?" I ask her as she answers my phone call.

"Haven't you just lost your job Millie?" She asks before giggling and tutting.

"I'm celebrating that I may have a new job!!" I say to her excitedly.

"Oh wow well done ok I'm sold I'll be at our meeting spot within the hour, don't call the rest I'll ring them!!" She says getting excited herself.

"Okay brill see you girls in a bit!!" I say happily and then I went and got myself ready.

An hour later I left for the pub which was only 5 minutes away from my house. Abbie was outside having a fag when she saw me and then she opened her arms out to give me a hug.

"Oh bestie so proud of you for getting this job!!" She says excitedly as she hugs me.

"I haven't got it yet!!" I giggle at her.

"Millie you'll definitely get it because you are an amazing person!" She says grinning at me as she finishes her fag. I disagree but she shushes me.

We then enter the pub and went and sat down by my girls who greeted me with hugs. Poppy had already got our drinks in.