Day 24

Running - At Joe's

"I screwed up."

That was Meredith's greeting as she slid to the opposite seat of the booth with her person, who had been eying a group of people at the darts. After a few weeks with no time to do anything they had finally managed to go get a drink at Joe's.

"What did you say?" Cristina asked, bringing her attention back to Meredith.

"I screwed up, Cristina."

"What do you mean? Why?"

"I kissed her."

"Her?"

"Yes, her."

"Meredith stop being so cryptic." Cristina huffed, already bored with the conversation.

"I kissed her. I was mad and she was mad, though we weren't mad at each other. But I was there and I knew she was about to blow up on me so I kissed her instead." She explained quickly.

"Who did you kiss? Are you having some gay panic crap? You keep saying she like it's a bad thing."

"It's not bad that it's a she. Plus, I told you I was bi when I met you, you idiot."

"Then who? Who did you kiss?"

"Addison."

Her person just looked at her after she uttered the name. Honestly she didn't think there was much more to say so she waited for the reaction. Waited to see what Cristina would say or do.

"You kissed Satan." Cristina said, no surprise or any other emotion on her face other than that bored expression she always seemed to have.

"I..."

"You kissed your ex boyfriend's wife?"

"Ex wife." She corrected, suddenly feeling irritated.

"You kissed Addison Forbes Montgomery-no-longer-Shepherd—thank the heavens—you kissed her?"

"Everyone can hear you, shut up." Meredith grabbed her hands and looked around. "Yes. I did."

"We..." And there was the tiny mischievous smile on her person's face. "How was it?"

"I... well it was..." Meredith stammered as she tried to talk but she couldn't and her cheeks and neck were getting warmer by the second.

"Oh... that good."

"Oh my god, shut up. And stop looking at me like that. I screwed up."

"Why? She's free and you're free. Free and willing." Cristina winked. "Why are you freaking out? Why is it a problem?"

"Because... because she's Addison and I'm me."

"Yeah. You're a moron." Cristina nodded to herself and Meredith found herself rolling her eyes. "When did this happen?"

"Like two weeks ago."

"Two weeks? Wait. Is that why you keep getting in trouble with Bailey? So that you get sent to the pit instead of an attending, therefore Satan?"

"Maybe."

"A moron. That's what you are."

"I just—"

"Have you talked to her at all?" Cristina interrupted. "Has she tried coming to you?"

"Oh she has tried but Meredith keeps running away. She's been running away from me."