Day 30

Always - At the beach

This whole thing felt surreal. She'd never thought she'd get here—never thought her life would come to this. She had once felt so alone. Thought her existence was so inconsequential that should she go missing no one would ever notice. However, as she looked out to the sea of smiling faces looking up at her she had to admit how awfully wrong she had been. Friends who she had gotten so close with that they now felt like sisters, brothers, cousins, and the lot. Aside from her brother no one else from her family had come but that didn't matter. The people most important to her were here. Especially those kids looking up at her with big toothy grins.

She supposed she had done things backwards. Kids first and then this but then it wasn't entirely their fault—things had just worked out that way. Besides they were doing it and it didn't feel as if it were late or out of place in their lives. It just came to be when it was supposed to come to be.

Scanning the faces of her friends and family with soft music in the background as waves crashed behind her made the nerves she'd had before making it here seem to melt. She took in every detail under the beautifully built gazebo.

Five rows on either side of a wooden walkway lined with flowers and littered with petals, courtesy of her daughter. A few white curtains which flowed with the sea breeze served to give more of that whimsical feel, or so April had said. All she knew was that it felt as if they were all floating in the sky. Behind her a small podium over which Miranda stood, the attending smiling more than she had ever witnessed her smiling before.

She still held onto the small bouquet of flowers, because Mommy and Mama just had to have flowers, her son had said as much. Her flowy cream colored dress waved with the light salty breeze along with a few miscellaneous strands of her hair. She supposed she looked pretty, Mark had said as much and Callie had all but teared up when they had finished. But right now that didn't matter.

Nothing about herself did, when the music changed and Lexie appeared followed by Cristina at the end of the walkway and then she came in. She had already seen her dress, the same shade as hers and just as flowy, simple but beautiful, the same yet different. And she, Meredith... looked stunning—not much makeup, just enough to bring out her eyes, hair down, laying loosely around her face. She was beautiful, just gorgeous.

The blonde was definitely nervous, more so than she was. She could easily tell by the look in her eyes and the bit of hesitation in her step. However, any hesitation and a bit of the nerves withered away when baby blue eyes met hers. Almost instantly a smile illuminated the blonde's face, giving rise to all of the butterflies in her stomach. Her steps more sure than they had been as she started, she made her way towards her. Some murmurs and smiles and oohs and ahs flooded the gazebo when Meredith finally made it to her.

Callie and Cristina came forward to grab their bouquets, a huge mischievous smile on the latter. She narrowed her gaze at the cardio thoracic surgeons who let out a chuckle before heading back to her girlfriend while Callie shook her head with a small scoff and went over to her wife. Finally, Meredith took her hand and shifted closer, the scent of lavender invading her senses as another light breeze flowed by.

"You look amazing, Addie." Meredith muttered.

"You're one to talk." She muttered back.

"Can we go home already? I have plans."

"After the wedding, Babygirl. Everyone did come all this way, after all." Addison grinned and kissed her cheek lightly.

"Not yet, you two." Someone behind them shouted—Alex to be more precise—and laughter rose for a few seconds.