Chapter 10

(You can't tell me this is not Lio's anthem)

Play with fire

You immediately dashed to reach Lio on the floor: his entire body was dark-purple - even his clothes! - and glowing madly.

If he was dark-purple, did that mean that had he lost control?

You shook his shoulders, trying to obtain the slightest reaction from him, but he was too still! What could you do?!

"Lio please, wake up, it's me, Y/N, stay with me...!"

You didn't want the boy you considered your only friend on Omega Centauri to lose control: what would have happened if he lost control definitely?!

You felt pained as you observed Lio, your Lio like that. It didn't look like it was a good thing to go through...

"Lio, please, I beg you, stay with me..." you said, and a tear from your eyes fell right on him. On his neck.

As the cold tear touched his burning skin, he immediately opened his eyes and grabbed your wrists, just like the day before. But would have he recognised you once he lost control?

And in the meantime, he was observing you as you were screaming in pain, due to all the strenght Lio was putting in holding your wrists.

"Lio, you're hurting me! Don't you recognise me, I'm Y/N!" you yelled as you started crying more.

Lio observed with a lost look the tears falling down on your cheeks: you prayed whoever was listening to you that he would have recognised you, it didn't matter how he looked, you just wanted him to return to normality.

You only noticed in that moment that where your tear touched the burning skin there was a small fair piece of skin.

Did your tears work as a medicine for him?

"Y/N...?" he called you, causing you to brighten up despite the pain you were still feeling as he held your wrists.

"Li-Lio...have you finally recognised me?" you asked between your cries.

He raised his other hand and...he caressed your cheek?

"He touched you, didn't he?" he asked out of nowhere.

"Eh...?"

"That minister. He dared laying something of his on you, didn't he?"

You remained quiet, still focused on the pain in your wrists: if he used a bit more of strenght in holding them they could as well have exploded.

"He...he kissed my neck, but I cut his cheek-"

Lio didn't need to hear the last part of your sentence: he only needed to hear the first four words.

He let go of your wrists, causing you to feel initially relief, but that relief immediately became pure fear when Lio started transforming into something definitely not human and the temperature raised: a pink dragon, pink like his flames.

Pink like his eyes.

It was if he was calling every flame in the universe: they were enveloping him from every direction as he transformed. You were lucky enough that the fire didn't hit you.