Chapter 1 : Lucida

" The sky darkens yet again,

the lightning casting a faint violet glow

across the sky,

and I realise that all frightening things

have a beauty of their own."

                                                    - Eda Nicholai        

I sighed as I looked blankly at the guy in the front, droning on and on about this months sales. Usually I'd pay attention to what was going on in my company but not today.

I was rather tired.

And I knew it wasn't just the monotonous voice of the guy. I'd been working nonstop for ten whole months and I wanted a break from everything. I needed a break.

"Mr. Hendrix? Mr. Hendrix? Isaiah!" Someone snapped, I looked to the side to see my elder sister staring at me, her whiskey coloured eyes that both of us had inherited from our father flashed with irritation.

"Uh...?"

Yeah, I definitely needed a break.

"The meeting's over, Isaiah." She said, a small frown marring her face.

"Oh." I said dumbly. Fucking hell.

I looked to the front to see all the board members looking expectantly at me. I turned back to my sister and stared at her.

She sighed in a way that all sisters tended to do, "We're doing good, there's a ten percent increase in sales just this month. We're waiting for your opinion if we should collaborate with anyone."

I thought for a moment, "Hm, that's a good idea maybe we should collaborate with one of the young stars. Preferably male."

Considering the fact that most of our customers were either kids or females.

There's nothing that females wouldn't do for chocolates. I've learned it the hard way. I mentally shuddered as I looked down at my sister's long nails.

They look like talons to me.

My sister and the rest nodded in approval and I stood up before I could make myself look like a lazy bastard again, "Right, meeting's dispersed, Ms. Brown I need a list of celebrities as well as the design of our new company. The one in Japan," I grunted as I walked out of the room, my sister following me.

Entering my cabin, I slumped on the couch and gazed out at the traffic below. I felt my sister's eyes on me as she sat down.

"What's the matter, Isaiah? You're never this inattentive."