Chapter 2 : Astrophile

" Some people have a very

loud voice while some,

some may just have a very loud

mind. "

-Eda Nicholai

"Estelle, please act normal. I don't want you embarrassing our family in front of anyone, understand?" Papa said sternly as we approached the venue.

To my Papa and all our relatives 'normal' meant acting like one of them. Snobby, sophisticated and arrogant. You talked only when asked to, that too not more than two whole sentences.

But the problem was that I loved talking. It was like breathing for me. If I don't talk, I'll die.

I nodded my head and fiddled with my fingers. Atleast I'll get to meet my cousin. We were on our way to a wedding.

I hated weddings.

All the judgemental relatives and Papa's buisness friends are going to be there. My stupid second cousin decided to keep her wedding in a small island in Philippines called Dumaguete and though I was excited for the trip I was not excited to see my crazy, rich Asian relatives.

Maybe I could escape. I was a ninja after all.

CIA has got nothing on me.

The car came to a halt and I immediately jumped out, stumbling like a new born deer in my high heels. I tripped on air when I walked in flats so heels were something else.

Maybe I'll fall flat on my face and crack my skull open.

I'm sure that'll be a wonderful sight for everyone.

I'll be Estelle the living Frankenstein. How nice.

But stitches will be cool. I'm sure I'll look like a bad butt.

Papa extended his arm and Mama looped hers with his. She shot me a small smile and they both walked in the grand hall. Confident and unsmiling. A power couple.

"Where's Axel?" I heard Papa asking.

Mama laughed softly, "You know how he is, always late."

He shook his head with a smile.

My parents loved me, I knew that. But my older brother has always been their pride and joy. The one who'll carry on the buisness. I couldn't blame them.

Axel was the person I loved the most in this world too.

"Elle!" Someone shrieked excitedly and before I knew what was happening, I was tackled in a bear hug. Lisa, my cousin/bestfriend and the second most important person in my life.