'No Promises'

Texas was being bored and stuff, when suddenly Mexico barged in his room.

"AH,"

"Sorry! Sorry! I forgot to knock! I just wanted to see if you would like to clean the backyard," Mexico said.

"No!?" Texas exclaimed.

"We'll pay you fifty every time you clean- and I'm just talking the pool section, you don't have to clean the entire yard," Mexico said.

"Oh, ok, now that I know money is involved, of course!" Texas exclaimed. Mexico smiled.

"Perfect! Come with me, I'll show you what you need to do," Mexico said. They went outside, and Mexico showed Texas how to be a pool boy. Texas realized that being in the sun is hot, and then also realized he was born with the private parts required to be allowed to not wear a shirt outside.

"Hey pa? Why is it that masculine lookin guys can be shirtless?

"Because people find boobs too risqué, especially since they serve a quote-unquote 'purpose' on people who have the ability to bear children, so they're more... functional parts?" Mexico said.

"Then why don't you ever go topless?" Texas asked. Mexico sighed.

"Because I'm sick of people sneaking peaks, pictures, and feels...," Mexico said. Texas paused.

"...oh...," Texas said. Mexico shook his head.

"Sorry, I make things sound so bad... heh... I just don't really like not having a shirt on, but it is refreshing to take it off when it's super hot out," Mexico said. Texas nodded silently.

"Do you think anyone would... bother me for wearing something... or rather, not wear something?" Texas asked.

"Oh Mijo, you don't have to worry about that, just know that if someone tries to touch you in a bad way... if it's a man, go for the solar plexus or nose, that'll usually give you enough time to run away. If it's a woman, just try to walk away quietly, not make a scene," Mexico said.

"...why is there different rules for a woman? If they assault me first... shouldn't I defend myself no matter what?" Texas asked. Mexico sighed sadly.

"Trust me... things aren't that simple...," Mexico said. Texas suddenly wished he had a shirt.

Later, while Texas was finishing up the pool, Tito walked outside.

"Tito? What are you doing here?" Texas asked.

"It's Saturday, and also six, and you didn't call to cancel our plans, so me and Francesco are here, and we'll leave without you if you just forgot to tell us you don't like us anymore," Tito said. Texas gasped, remembering they were going to go to the boardwalk to have some fun

"Shoot, Im so sorry! I lost track of time!" Texas exclaimed. Tito chuckled.

"Oh, It's alright, Francesco is just havin a chat with your parents right now. He's saying he's cool with takin your siblings with us too, since he brought the van," Tito said. Texas smiled.

"Cool! Well, Imma just take a quick rinse, get dressed, then we can get going!" Texas exclaimed. Tito smiled and nodded, walking up to Texas and handing him a bottled water.

"Your dad wanted me to give that to you," Tito said. Texas smiled and took a big swig of it, however while drinking he noticed Tito staring at him, just a bit below his eye level.

"What's so interesting down there?" Texas asked. Tito looked alarmed.

"Sh*t, Im so sorry, that... I wasn't meaning to look in a creepy way! I'm just impressed that your muscles are so... defined? I'm sorry, that sounds weird... I'm not trying to say this in a flirty way, I'm just impressed! You're really taking your training seriously, it's admirable!" Tito exclaimed. Texas paused for a moment, then chuckled.

"Sorry, I was just a bit on edge already...," Texas said.

"Oh, you don't need to apologize, I probably shouldn't stare, even if it's in admiration rather than perverseness... I do just respect the hustle. I hope you're not overworking though! Nekomi had to learn the hard way," Tito said.

"Huh? What happened?" Texas asked.

"Uh... the sharks got a bit too far from shore if you know what I mean," Tito said.

"Huh...? oh wait! Is she ok?" Texas asked.

"Yeah, and she's allowing herself more breaks now... her and PJ are taking a meditative art class together," Tito said. Texas smiled.

"That's good... well, I gotta go shower real quick and change- and no checking out the product of my glute workouts while I do, ok?" Texas teased, walking towards the outdoor shower. Tito laughed.

"I won't, I promise," Tito said. Texas smiled, relieved that he didn't hear what he knew Tito could've said to make him uncomfortably blush. Something he wished PJ said less of, even though he knew it was probably a joke...

'No promises'