𝘝𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪 𝘟 𝘍𝘌𝘔! 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳

TW: Mentions Of @lc0h0l¡sm, depression, $u¡cid€, and $H

Angst+fluff

————I love you, I'd kill millions for you if I had too————

————
I love you, I'd kill millions for you if I had too
————

It was another day. The sun seeped though the mildly closed curtains as the birds outside could be heard chirping away.

You got up and rubbed your eye, slowly but surely getting out of bed.
You walk into the living room of the serenity teapot to see venti putting on his cape and pick up his lyre, about to head out.

You walk up quietly and hug him from behind. He jumped in surprise, but calmed down knowing it was you

"Good morning my dear~"
He said quietly. You hummed in response and dug your head into his neck, inhaling the scent of air fresheners and a bit of alcohol.

A slight depression grew over you at the scent, but you brushed it off.
"I have to go off to my bard duties! I'll see you later tonight love"
Venti said turning around to see your tired gaze. He tucked a stray hair behind your ear and gave you a loving peck on the lips

You stare for a moment until speaking up. Something bad stirred in you, your depression felt like it was growing in your stomach to your heart, slowly making its way into your mind.
"...Venti?.."
You say, almost a whisper. Venti's cheery voice replies, "yes?"
"..Uhm..... can you not go to the tavern tonight?...you go every night and you don't come home until midnight"
You say, remembering all of the past nights you spent, sitting alone with your thoughts.
Venti made a humming sound and put his fingers up to his chin, jokingly making a thinking face. "I'll see what I can do!"
He said kissing your cheek.
"I best be off! I love youuuuu!~"
He said waving then running out the door.

You wave back, forcing a small smile, it dropped the minute he left.

You could feel the tension in the room grow, the silence became suffocating as the thoughts crept up on you, your depression bearing its claws right into your mind tearing any happy feeling you've had up until now. You felt alone, cold, empty. It was only 7am and it was getting this bad.

The clock in your teapot rang in your ears. It's 10pm and venti still hasn't returned. Your mind was like a filled coffee cup, thoughts and emotions filling to the brim, the littlest movement could cause you to spill into a mental breakdown.

You curl up in a ball in the corner covering your ears hoping that the bard comes home. You needed something, ANYTHING to distract you. Anything to fill that silence but nothing came. Negative Thoughts and phrases from your childhood to now replay in your mind mocking you.

You think of a way to make it stop. You think and think and think until.

You uncover your ears and look up. The light in your eyes comes back as you get up to grab a pencil and paper

I'm sorry venti.
But it's the easiest way out.

Venti comes in the door and looks at the clock, he really overstayed his visit at the tavern.
"Y/N! I'm home!"
He sings out. He gets no response and hears nothing.

He looks around the room until he spots a paper on the coffee table.
He finds it odd but picks it up and reads over it.

It's like his whole world just shattered as he read over your handwriting;

"Venti, I'm sorry but I can't handle this suffocating silence anymore..

If you're reading this I'm probably dead. I'm sorry I couldn't
Travel the world together as promised. Maybe you can
Find a better girlfriend to do that with, one that's less of a
burden.

-Y/N"

Venti drops the letter and runs upstairs to your room. Panic is running through his whole body. When did you write it? How long have you've been suffering?

He stops at your door and goes to open it, it's locked.
He starts jiggling the door knob while chanting your name
"Y/N!? Y/N!? Please open up! I'm sorry that I went to the tavern..Just please! Tell me you're okay!"
He screams, tears spilling from his eyes.

He busts the lock and swings open the door.

You were in a corner curled up into a ball with your hoodie on.
You were holding your legs up to your chest.

Venti sighs and speed walks over to you.
"Oh thank goodness! I thought I lost you!"
He said. He gets on his knees and cups your face.
His heart starts hurting when he sees the eye bags under your eyes, you looked pale, dead even.

You stare into his eyes
"I chickened out. But I broke my streak. Sorry for scaring you"
You say looking down.

Venti brushed his thumb across your cheek lightly
"Can I.... hug you?" He said, voice not above a whisper.
You nodded as you were greeted with the familiar warm embrace.

You sighed
"You know.. when my dad would drink, I always thought as a kid that he had a different side... it was when I got older that I learned that it wasn't a different side, it was his true nature."

You chuckled sadly as venti pulled away looking into your eyes.
"I guess I'm afraid that the alcohol will change you too, and make me see something that I don't wanna see..."
You say looking at venti as tears threat to spill from your eyes.
Venti didn't say anything, he kissed your head, then your nose, then your lips.
You leaned into his embrace, snuggling up into his shoulder.

You both sat in silence for a couple of minutes.
"If you're comfortable, can I see your arm?.."

You nodded and rolled up your sleeve and handed your arm over to venti.

He bit the inside of his cheek scanning at all the new cuts above the healed ones.
He got up and reached out his hand. You grabbed it as he pulled you up.
"Let's go bandage them. Infections aren't really fun"
He said with a sad smile.

He held your hand as you both walked to the bathroom, his thumb caressing your knuckle trying to comfort you.

After you were done he led you to the couch as he sat down, patting the spot next to him. You sat down and cuddled up to him. He hugged you and started rubbing your back.
"I'm sorry I went to the tavern.. I didn't know that you were hurting and I was out of it.. that's not an excuse for my actions. I love you, always and forever, I would kill millions for you if I had to. You're not alone."
He said. You started feeling sleepy due to the lulling sound of his heart beat and passed out on his chest.

He looked down and smiled