Darth Vader

(Somewhat burnt Anakin, everything but his head burnt, but he still wears the helmet)

1124 words

•~~~~~•

I groaned as sweat built on my forehead.
I worked as an imperial engineer, I fixed the ships and blasters. I was the most experienced engineer here, so higher ranks normally came to me with problems.

I was working on some tie fighters when I heard robotic breathing nearing my area. I turned around to see Darth Vader walking towards me.
Normally you'd want to look nicer if he spoke to you, so my grease covered tank top and shorts weren't very formal.

He stood in front of me. I never noticed how tall he was.
"You are Y/n L/n, correct?" He asked.
"That would be me, is there anything I can help you with?" I asked.

I expected myself to be more scared, but I felt oddly calm and safe.
"Yes, follow me, and bring your tools." He said, walking out of the room.

I hurried to follow him after grabbing my toolbox. His longer legs made him walk a lot faster.

He noticed this and slowed down.
"Thank you." I said to him, he simply nodded in acknowledgment. I noticed how he limped on one leg, that's probably the reason he called for me.

He led me to his private chambers and entered the room.

I cautiously entered the room with him.
He sat down on a chair and ushered me over.
He removed some padding on his thigh area, which revealed a bullet hold going through his leg.

"Since you are our best engineer, I expect you to know how to fix this." He said.
"Yep! No problem, it's actually a easy fix." I said as I opened my toolbox and began repairing his thigh.

I did feel a little awkward and slightly uncomfortable sitting between his legs and working on his thigh, but whatever, I couldn't do anything about it.

I finished repairing it and put my tools away. He stood up and walked around, making sure I did it right.
"Impressive." He said.
"Thank you sir, is there anything else you need me for?"

"Yes, there is."
"What is it, sir?"
"I need to know if you'd like to dine with me tonight?"
My eyes widened.
"Are you sure you'd like to dine with a engineer?" I questioned.

"Yes, you repaired my leg, it's the least I could do."
"In that case, I'd love to."
"Good. Wear something formal and meet me here at 6:30."
"Um, sir. You seem to forget I'm an engineer, we don't exactly have nice clothing."

"I'll send some people to bring you outfits then." He said.
I thanked him and left his room and walked towards mine.
I pinched myself, did that really just happen?

True to his word, some females came to my room and handed me loads of dresses and suits.
My eyes widened, what was I supposed to do with the ones I didn't wear.