Chapter 3

Pov: Zuko

It's about 11:46PM and I'm laying in bed on my phone. It's been a quiet night, uncle made some tea for me to help me sleep. He really is more caring than my father. As i'm about to fall asleep-

Sokka: Hey. I just wanted to say thanks for being my friend. It's nice to have some of those my own age.

Cringe.

Zuko: No problem. It's nice to have some friends too.

He leave me on opened and I drift off to sleep.

———-Big time skip———-

It's been about 3 weeks since the first day of school. Me and Sokka have only grown closer. Ive also gotten to know the rest of the gang a little bit more too.

Right now, Sokka and I are in english watching some documentary about poetry. I swear this is the laziest teacher alive.

Pov: Sokka

I almost forgot to invite him.

"So Zuko"

"Yes."

"This dude named Jet is having a party tonight. He's kinda an asshole but it seems like a lot of fun. Wanna go with us."

Pov: Zuko

A party with Sokka? Count me in. I can finally see what he's like outside of school.

"Of course, let me just text my uncle and make sure it's ok" I say. I just know uncle will be thrilled that I got invited to a party with other people.

——-Lunch———

"Ok so everyone coming to the party tonight?" Katara asks.

"Yup" Toph says.

"Yes" Aang too. "It's going to be so fun, my first highschool party!" He says, jumping about 10 feet into the air.

"I just hope nothing bad happens. Remember Jets last party Sokka". Katara asks

"How could I forget. He burnt down his house and had to move across town"

"He sounds stupid" Toph butts into the conversation.

—-That night——

Uncle drops me off at Jets house. Its surprisingly big. No wonder he's an asshole. A rich asshole.

I get a text from uncle saying

Be safe nephew. Have fun

I walk out of my car and up the drive way towards front door. I can hear music blasting inside. I ring the doorbell, no answer. I ring it again, and still no answer. I open the door and find about a hundred people dancing in the living room. How the hell did this many people come. I didn't even know this many people went to our school.

I walk into the house and try to find a familiar face. I walk through a sea of people and find myself in the backyard. I spot Aang and he gives me a wave to come over.

"Hey Zuko" He says.

"Hey Aang. Where is everyone?"

"They went to get drinks. Wanna dance?"

"Maybe a little later. I'm gonna go find Sokka"

"Okayyy"

I don't understand how someone so small can have so much energy. He's like a walking red bull. I make my way back into the house and spot the kitchen. I see Katara, Toph, and Sokka pouring some suspicious liquid into plastic cups.

"Hey guys" I say. They all turn to me and say their hellos.

"Hey Zuko. Glad you came" Sokka says, putting an arm around me. My heart starts to drop. physical touch❤️

"What are you drinking" I look towards Katara for an answer.

"You know I really have no idea" She says pouring some in her cup and smelling it.

"It smells like punch mixed with vodka. No thanks"

Katara is definitely not getting drunk tonight, me on the other hand, we'll see. I take some of this "punch" and pour it into my cup. We all start walking to our spot in the backyard and meet back up with Aang.

Looking around I can see people everywhere. There's people in his massive pool, dancing on the grass, there's even people on the roof. How many people know this asshole.

"Cheers Zuko" Sokka says, holding up his cup and clinking it with mine. We both take a sip. As soon as the liquid touched my lips I could taste the alcohol. My throat was burning by the smell alone. I looked over to Sokka and he seemed like he was about to pop.

"How is it" Katara asked, looking at the expression being displayed on our faces. The smile on her face grew even bigger when Sokka started to cough violently.

"Really— G-good K-AA-atara" He says.

I'm beginning to laugh myself. I take another sip trying to get used to this whole "alcohol" thing. Yea i'm cool.

My throat stopped burning after my 3rd cup of punch. Sokka only had the one cup because he never fully recovered from it. I feel great. On top of the world. That was until I lost my balance and fell on Sokka.

"Ok, looks like someone had a little too much to drink" Hey says, lifting me back up to my feet. I can feel myself about to puke, and so can Sokka.

"Nope, no puking on Sokka today please. Katara I'm going to take him to a bathroom" He says

"That's probably best"

To Be Continued.