Chapter 14

Pov: Zuko

I woke up to knocking at the door. It took me a moment to put my senses together and realize that Katara was trying to open the door. Good things Sokka remembered to lock it before we went to bed, because she would not like how we were sleeping.

"Sokka" I started, poking his cheek "Sokka. Wake up". Nothing. No reaction. It must be genetic.

"Zuko" Katara said "Pinch his nose". How the hell did she know I was here, and how did she know I couldn't get him up. I mean they are siblings but... does she have cameras?

I followed her directions and pinched Sokka's nose, his eyes shining open as he took a large breath through his mouth.

"Why would you tell him that, Katara" He said, somehow knowing full well she was the one who suggested the idea. It's weird how they are so in tune with each other. The only time me and Azula would really hang out was when we were practicing firebending, and she just liked to burn me.

"You guys" she started "Suki burnt down the gym last night with her inside it"

I looked at him  He looked at me. It was real.

"What?" He said, his tone sounding like he actually meant it.

"She killed herself" Katara continued, a crack in her voice as she begun to speak again, "they said she left a suicide note in her locker, the school put out a statement. She said that she hated living a lie and felt like she needed to be someone else".

Sokka looked at me, his face of seriousness changing to an expression of gratitude as he turned his head to meet my eyes.

"I can't believe she would..." Sokka was cut off by Katara

"I know she forced you to be her boyfriend, which is kinda a bitch move, but hating yourself and burning down the school gymnasium with yourself inside it are two very different things. I just..."

Sokka and I continued to get dressed as she rambled on from the other side of the door, making ourselves presentable.

"They cancelled this week of school. They said they're giving the students time to 'grieve this tragic loss of a dear and beloved student'. I mean I hate to bash her name but no one liked her"

"Okay that's a little harsh Katara, the poor girl just died" Sokka continued "But you're right, no one liked her".

Even after a tragic event, especially with Katara being left in the dark, they're still joking around like siblings, even if it is about something that should NOT be jokes about. It's so...weird. Azula would only make jokes about mother, and those weren't funny.

Her sense of humor needed some work.

"Well I'm going to go check on Aang and Toph to see how they're handling the situation. I know they aren't in our grade and didn't really know Suki, but you know how emotional Aang gets. Be back later"

And before Sokka could even get another word in Katara was out the door. We got dressed for nothing.

"Did we just do that...and get away with it" I ask him, my shirt backwards and inside out. "I think we did...fucking insane" he continues, his shirt still being half on, still only in his underwear. As soon as I heard Kataras key lock the front door, the distance between is was closed almost instantly. His shirt was once again back on the floor, and my hand reached down.

—————————

A/N: guys i leave for like a month and i come back to this fic having over 2k reads. actually insane that the things i write when im bored at night is actually being read by people. i'm so sorry for the lack of updates recently, i do have a life but im really trying. i have things planned out for this story and it's gonna get JUICYY. trust. thank you all sm!!