End And Beginning

Tomb Of Nazarick Ninth Floor: Round Table

No One's PoV

HeroHero: Hey there, it's been a while hasn't it Momonga?

Momonga: sure has. To be honest HeroHero, I didn't think you'd come. You've been gone a couple of years.

HeroHero: No way. It's really been that long? Man. I guess I've been working so much my concept of time is out of whack.

Momonga: That sucks. It can't be healthy for you.

HeroHero: Tell me about it. I feel like my avatar looks. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have come here just to complain.

Momonga: Please, don't worry about it.

HeroHero: Well, I better go soon. I'm beyond exhausted.

Momonga: Right. Rest up and feel better.

HeroHero: Wish i could stay longer. But, gotta say, I'm kinda shocked to see the Great Tomb of Nazarick still standing. Being guild leader suited you. You've done a great job maintaining the place.

Momonga: Well, we created this place together. I couldn't just let it go to dust.

HeroHero: Must have been hard work. Thanks for Everything. I hope we meet again IRL.

After that HeroHero logs off of Yggdrasil for the last time leaving Momonga in the room all by himself

Momonga: Today is the last day Yggdrasil's servers will be online. Why not stay? We could reminisce and wait until everything shuts down.

Momonga sighs to himself

Momonga: oh well I'm just glad that he even came at all. "I hope we meet again," huh? Right. Just when and where would that be?

Momonga hangs his head down then slams his skeleton arm onto the table

Momonga: This sucks! This is our home. We built it with virtual blood and sweat! How can he turn his back on it so easily? Stop it he didn't. No one in the guild betrayed you.

The skeleton player then gets up and walks over to a shining golden staff floating in a slot in the wall

Momonga: our guilds weapon: the Staff of Ains Ooal Gown. We played recklessly to make it. Some of us seven spent our PTO just to have time to grind the materials. But, among the original 41 members, 37 of them quit.

He reaches up to grab the staff and bring it down to him

Momonga: Then, the three that were left...

The tip of the staff the emits a purple fire like aura

Momonga: Let's go you're a testament of our guild. There were two requirements for joining the guild Ains Ooal Gown. The players avatar had to be inhuman and the player the self had to be a functioning member of society.

The two big wooden doors then open up in front of him

Momonga: We put our livelihoods on the line to play. Some members managed to make their dreams come true. In the end, I can't blame them for choosing real life. Uh—.

He stops for a moment to walk over to people bowing to him. He then checks his menu to check at the first persons info

Momonga: Oh, yeah. I forgot his name was Sebas.

 I forgot his name was Sebas