The playground

*if you got a notif, it's cause i'm making edits*

The sun is lower on the sky now and the air has a soft light to it. Everything looks more pink and mellow. We automatically head in the opposite direction of where the others went, almost instinctively.

"Maybe i can hold on to you for a little bit, i swear i'm not drunk, the ground is just uneven and i'm wearing platforms" I say taking my right arm around his upper left arm. I wasn't lying, but i could definitely have managed without holding his arm. He has his hands in his pockets but i'm just holding onto his bicep. Right where the arm off the t shirt stops.

He just looks at me smiling and we start walking on the gravel path going around the park. All the trees have fairy lights in them. You couldn't see them when the sun was shining, but now the air is more mellow and the sun is starting to set, so now they look beautiful down the path. Lighting up every tree down it.

"Do you have any family in California?" Joseph asks.

"No, they all live in Norway. I try to visit them whenever i can but i don't see them a lot"

"Do you miss them?"

"Sometimes a lot, other times it doesn't really bother me that they live far away. I see them every Christmas, and i try to visit during the summer as well"

"That's nice. Tell me about Norway"

"Well it's colder than California. Longer winters. Stunning scenery. More peaceful, and less polarised politics, compared to here. It's very different culturally"

"I want to see Norway sometime, my grandparents used to visit Norway, they absolutely adored it there"

"I can take you there sometime, just give you a quick tour" i say knowing that'll never happen.

"I would love that"

"Now you tell me about England" I want to know everything about him. I don't want to talk about me.

"Well not much to say, kind of the same as you said really, and i have all my close family there"

"So you live in London, right?"

"yeah"

"I've never been to London, you should take me there, we can do it before we go to Norway"

"That would actually be amazing, why don't we just take a euro trip while we're at it"

"Yes! And we can backpack everywhere!" i say excitedly.

By the path we can see a small playground not far away. There's no one else there. And Joseph stops walking and looks down at me. I look back up at him.

"I'll race you" Joseph says

"Noo, it's not fai-"

"1, 2, 3, GO!" Joseph starts running and i have no choice but to run after him. He's obviously not running his fastest cause he's making sure that i'm able to run without face planting.

He stops in front of a big birds nest swing. I used to love those as a kid. When i catch up with him, he sits down on the edge of it making room for me to sit next to him. We're both out of breath.