1

My parents recently passed in a car accident, a head on collision with a semi who lost control. I also just freshly turned eighteen on February 14th, ironic since I've never had a love life.

Because my parents passed, I had no other family besides a few cousins on my mothers side who were willing to take me in.

They thought I was bad luck to the family because of the amount of death I have been around.

So, I'm moving into their house in the middle of no where as of... right now actually. They have a 4-bedroom house in the middle of nowhere New Mexico. Three cousins, Hamill, Dara, and Gerdy live in that house. They're not siblings but have nothing more to their lives but their daddies money. They had an agreement with their parents to live together so that it would be cheaper.

"Welcome Honeyyyyyyy" my cousins Dara and Gerdy screamed as they ran at me while I was getting my items out of the taxi.

"Hi" I chuckled and gave each of them a hug, trying not to whack them with my bags. Hamill just waved at me from the entrance to the, actually very nice, house.

The house is a solid white color with red shutters. It looks to be about 2-3 floors tall with a balcony on the third floor. They owned about fifteen acres of land of dead nothing, but they had a pool.

Exciting

"So, we each have our own floors but you're going to be staying on Hamills floor" Dara cleared her throat before continuing "Hamill either stays in his room all day or goes out with friends. Me and Gerdy need our whole floor. You'll take the office space, ther-" Gerdy started to finish what Dara was about to say. "There's already everything you need in there and a bathroom, Dara you're wordy" Dara rolled her eyes and huffed away after Gerdy said that.

"Oh yeah tonight we are going to take you to an abandoned mansion that we think is really cool and a highlight of this town because no one goes there" Hamill said in the doorway of his room before closing the door. I nodded my head at him, but I doubt he saw it.

I walked to the room I assumed was the office and started to put my items away. On the top of the items in an old gym bad was a family portrait from when I was seven. Me, my parents, and my older sister who passed from leukemia when she was 9 were standing in a large garden. We were all smiling at each other in a happy conversation. I placed it on the computer desk before continuing to unpack.

Before I knew it, it was already 10 pm when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in" I said as I put up my final piece of clothing.

"Get dressed, we are going to start heading to that mansion" Hamill said as he cracked the door open and then closing it. He's very quiet, almost too quiet and he doesn't wait for people to respond.

I put on a pair of black jeans with holes on the thigh and an oversized Spencers shirt that said 'My First Knife Fight' with two kids chasing each other with knives. I put on white air forces and placed my hair into a messy low bun and drowned myself in champagne toast perfume.

I looked in a body length mirror. My hair is box dyed black, including my bangs. I'm about 5'5 and not exactly thin but close enough to be. I've never liked my body. I felt like I was very disproportionate.

I traced my old self-harm marks on my wrists when I heard a shout.

"Let's go Honey" Dara shouted and I heard Hamills door slam.

I grabbed my phone and wallet as quick as possible and then ran to the car. Dara and Gerdy are up front, Dara driving since Gerdy doesn't have a license yet, and me and Hamill in the back.

The car ride felt like forever because it was silent the whole time until Dara slammed on the brakes.

"Shit" I murdered as my head hit the seat in front of me.

"You'll get used to that" Hamill commented before getting out.

"We are hereeeee" Dara sang while getting out of the drivers seat and walking to my side of the car. As if my head didn't hurt enough, she continued to talk in a shrill voice. "You're going to love this place. It's so spooky but yet very nice and no one ever dares to come in here, besides us of course." Gerdy looked annoyed and Hamill was already headed to the door.

"Jesus Dara, please, for once shut the fuck up" Gerdy slammed her car door. 'Thank you' I mouthed while rubbing my forehead.

We started to catch up to Hamill when we got to the giant crimson red doors.

"Wow" I whispered and Hamill nodded.

"Beautiful right?" Hamill said as he pushed open the doors. "So the legend is" he began to talk as he knocked his flashlight on. "The legend is that a mob used to live here, and still does. But no one has heard anything of them in the past five years. The house is in ruins" he kicked a piece of rubble on the floor. "But people believe they are still here so they never come here because the mob killed hundreds of people" and then Hamill went silent and his flashlight cut off.

It's pitch black in the house and I can't see.

"Hamill? Dara? Gerdy?" I shouted out and I heard nothing.

Fuck. Shit. I'm going to die.

Slam

They totally just closed me in here. I hear giggling and feet scattering away until it's dead silent. I reach for my back pocket where my phone is when I feel a tight grip on my wrist and a reach for my other wrist. I start elbowing back with my free hand but all I feel is air. Finally, someone grabs my wrist and a potato sack bag slips over my head.

"Guys this isn't funny anymore" I feel myself start to cry as I say this and get no response back. I get lifted up and someone is no carrying me.

Ding

Is that a fucking elevator?