Prologue

"I've never seen them before. Is that wrong?"

"Of course not! They're the underdogs."

Golden eyes scanning the bare, empty hallways, "But isn't that sorta rude?" He hiccuped, "Never noticing them? And I'm the one whose catching feelings." He muttered, breath caught.

"You can't do this, Luke. You can't have feelings for her." Chocolate brown eyes wandered, focusing on the previously mentioned golden.

"Her?" His voice trailed. "Jake, I-I don't like her." Luke's voice began to tremble. "I like her brother..."

Eyes widened, "Wait... Are you..?"

He shook his head, "No. I'm not. But I am pansexual." Blush crept upon his cheeks as a small cough left his throat.

Jake stopped. "Pan? So you are gay?"

"No! That's not the same..." He held his bag to his chest, "...Look, I'll tell you later. I gotta go.."

And before he knew it, echoing footsteps passed the dimly lit halls.

"He's not rude, right?" She tugged her ocean hair strands, "He's not a bully."

Scoffs were heard from her right, "Not a bully? Have you heard what he's been saying about us?"

"Zander, that was his old friends. He's not with them now." She shut her eyelids, taking in a deep sigh, "I think I like him."

"WHAT?" Purple locks swaying about in confusion, frustration, "You can't be serious? Hailey!"

She sat up, eyeing her brother, "Well, you like the brunet." She giggled innocently, teasing him.

"N-no! I don't!" His cheeks became a crimson shade. "I never admitted that!"

"But you like him." Hailey batted her eyelids at her younger brother, "And it's ok!"

He huffed, "He'll never like me back, and Jake will never like you. Were more unpopular that unpopular! It's hopeless."