Chapter 10.

Adele's POV

I just finished getting ready and waved goodbye to Samantha before heading straight to miss Ross, who was waiting for me at the end of the hallway to our rooms.

"Good morning Miss Asaye," she greeted as I took my last step. I replied "good morning" with a smile and she nodded before continuing to speak.

"I talked to Mr. Hunter and made sure he doesn't do what he did last time. His mother spoke to him as well, so don't worry about anything. Your work will be going smoothly from now on." She said and I nodded. She then handed me something that looked like a file before saying, "this will be your working schedule, it'll show you how you'll be moving from today onwards. Whether you'll be required to leave with Mr. Hunter or to stay and manage the Mansion's affairs."

I scanned through the schedule and saw that I'd have to go with Mr. Hunter for a business meeting today and I didn't know how to feel. All my encounters with Mr. Hunter have been awkward and scary, and I don't know if I can handle being with him for almost the whole day.

"As for today, you've been scheduled to leave with him for a business meeting with Eugene Corporates at Le Capitale Grille. When you get there, you'll be required to take appropriate notes of what they'll be discussing and give suggestions where necessary. Do not share or allow anyone else to have access to the information that will be discussed in that meeting or any other future meetings. Okay?" She finished with a raised eyebrow and I got a little surprised with how serious she got.

"I will do exactly as told," I replied and she smiled, changing her mood.

"Alright miss Asaye, you can have some breakfast and then wait for Mr Hunter in the living room." She said and I nodded.

~~~

After having my breakfast and chatting with Luca and Samantha, my mood was brightened and I felt little more confident in facing Mr. Hunter. Hoping everything would run smoothly, I quickly walked to the living room and took a seat. I looked around and was amazed by everything I could see in the room. The sofas, the coffee table, the vases, the artwork... everything looked so elegant. I couldn't imagine breaking or damaging anything, it would cost a fortune to replace or repair.

My attention turned to the television as a Korean series played. My excitement grew and I set my full attention on the screen. From what I was seeing, the Kdrama was about an employee that accepts to go on a blind date in place of her friend, but she finds out the date is with her boss. Just as it reached the scene where she found out her boss was her date, Mr. Hunter entered the room. I quickly stood from my seat and said "good morning," with my eyes fixed on my feet, expecting him not to reply but was shocked when he replied. I lifted my gaze with parted lips and found that he was already looking at me.

He gave me a brief nod and headed towards the exit. I followed, trying to match his pace but failed terribly because he was moving way too fast and taking long strides.

We reached the vehicle, with me panting, and made our way in. We sat silently in the back seat as we waited for the driver to start the car.

The drive to the restaurant was extremely awkward because of the uncomfortable silence. It being a long drive didn't make it any better. I could feel Mr. Hunter stealing small glances at me but I did not dare return them.

His good looks and him being mysterious made me wonder how many women would want to be with him. But who am I kidding? I'm pretty sure there's hundreds of them. I can't imagine being one of them, we're extremely different from each other. Not to mention his cold attitude, it gives me one too many reasons why I'd never consider it.

We arrived at the restaurant and quickly made our way inside. We were greeted by a waiter who led us to our table right after confirming our reservation.

Mr. Hunter and I sat right next to each other, leaving the opposite sits for his business partners. As we were waiting for them, awkwardness filled the atmosphere once again, making me use my habit of playing with my fingers. I put my full attention on them, trying so hard to avoid the awkward feeling but to no avail.

After a good 5-10 minutes of the awkward silence, Mr. Hunter spoke.

"So Miss Asaye," I glanced at him and he continued, "as you know, we are here for a business meeting with partners from Eugene Corporates." He paused with a raised eyebrow and I nodded in agreement.

"This meeting is very important for the fate of the company and I expect you to pay close attention to what will be discussed. Ensure that notes are written for documentation and future referencing. Is that understood?" He glanced at the table, then at my hands on my laps and asked where my notebook is.

I quickly took out my notebook from my little bag and put it on my laps, holding my black pen between my thumb and my index finger.

" Good. So no individual from foreign companies or anyone is general should have any access to the notes, alright? After the meeting, have them typed and put them in the 'Eugene Corporates' file in my study. Is everything clear?" He asked, raising his eyebrow again.

"Noted sir." I replied quietly and immediately after, two men who I assumed to be his said business partners entered the restaurant. Both handsome looking and smartly dressed.

When they reached our table, we stood and exchanged greetings before we all took our seats and began the meeting.

They all exchanged their different views concerning their next move in their agreements. One could tell that they have a lot of experience in the business sector and I was amazed by it.

I made sure to take note of all important points and had them typed and printed out the moment we got back to the mansion. In the late evenings, I decided to place the print outs in the file as Mr. Hunter instructed.

As I stood in front of the door leading to his study, I contemplated on whether to knock on his door or to just leave it and do everything the next morning and after a few minutes of time wasting, I decided to push my fear away and do  it.

~~~

Thanks for reading. Don't forget to vote x.