Chapter 4

A few days had passed and Ash had been training more with his Pokemon. Weedle had evolved into a Kakuna and Metapod into a Butterfree. Pikachu finally figured out iron tail and somehow managed brick break. Pidgeotto and Spearow learned aerial ace.

-Pewter city-

Ash and Misty had just entered the city and looked at it from the entrance. The city was grey, but that made sense to Ash, seeing as it was where a rock type gym was.

???: "Pewter city, the city of grey and stone."

Ash and Misty turn their heads to a man wearing a hat and fake beard.

???: "Would you like to buy some rocks?"

Misty thought the guy was crazy to sell rocks while Ash decided to look at what he had. Most of the rocks didn't intrigue him but the one that did was small rainbow orb that cost him 1000 poke, a great investment and a steal in Ash's opinion.

Ash: "Thanks for this sir, have a great day."

Ash started walking off towards the Pokemon center, Misty following closely behind.

Misty: "Why did you buy that useless rock?"

Ash: "If you can't see it, then I guess you don't need to know."

Ash pocketed the rock and left Misty even more confused. Once entering the Pokemon center Ash had booked a room and got his Pokemon checked over. Ash started talking with other trainers about their battles against the gym leader and learned what the gym leader used.

Ash went out to the nearby forest to get some more training in, making sure to lose Misty for the time being as well. After a little more practice Ash decided to end the day of training and get some rest before challenging the gym the next day.

-Next day-

Ash woke up bright and early and started getting ready before heading out to the gym. Ash was confident in his Pokemon. Ash made his way up to the gym doors and opened them only to be greeted with darkness.

???: "Who goes there!?"

The light suddenly flash on, and the gym leader was displeased that his normal scare tactic didn't seem to work on the kid.

Ash: "My name is Ash Ketchum, from pallet town. I am here to challenge you to a gym battle."

???: "How long have you been on your journey?"

Ash: "About two weeks now."

???: "Huh, well then you might as well leave, you cannot win."

Ash: "I beg to differ. Me and my Pokemon worked hard to get here and we will win."

???: "Hm. I am Brock and I accept your challenge."

A kid who looked like Brock came up to the ref spot.

???: "I am forest, and I will be the referee for this battle. This will be a two on two Pokemon battle. The challenger may switch out their Pokemon anytime during the battle. May the trainers please send out their Pokemon."

Ash decided to send out Butterfree while Brock sent out his Geodude.

Forest: "Battle begin!"

Ash: "Butterfree, use gust."

Brock watches as the butterfly Pokemon send a blast of wind at his Geodude. He was not impressed.

Brock: "Geodude, use rock throw."

Ash: "Counter with confusion!"

Brock was surprised when the rocks Geodude had thrown were sent right back at it. Looks like this Kid had some hidden fangs.

Brock: "Use roll-out!"

Ash: "Dodge by flying higher in the air."

Butterfree flew higher into the air to avoid the attack. Ash watched the Geodude as it rolled around.

Ash: "Use confusion on Geodude!"

Suddenly Geodude stopped as it started being lifted into the air before being thrown into the wall behind Brock. Forest ran over to check on Geodude.

Forest: "Geodude is unable to battle! Therefore Butterfree wins. Gym leader, please send out your last Pokemon."

Brock was in shock, he didn't expect to lose to a Butterfree. Brock returns Geodude and sends out Onix.

Forest: "Will the challenger be substituting their Pokemon?"

Ash returns Butterfree.

Ash: "Pikachu, it's your turn."

Ash holds his arm out as Pikachu runs across it and jumps off of it. Brock began to wonder how this battle would turn out.

Ash: "Use quick attack into Brick break."

Brock: "Try and catch it with bind!"

Pikachu jumped up and brought it's paws down on Onix causing some real pain. Onix skids back a bit.

Ash: "Now iron tail!"

Pikachu jumped up as his tail becomes metal and hits Onix on the head, sending it's head crashing down into the stadium floor. Forest walks over to check on Onix.

Forest: "Onix is unable to battle, Pikachu is the winner; therefore, the challenger is the winner."

Brock returns Onix as Ash ran up to Pikachu, who jumped into his arms, cheering happily. Brock walks up to Ash.

Brock: "I am impressed. I didn't expect to lose while having the type advantage. So as proof of winning at this gym I present you the boulder badge."

Ash: "Thanks."

Ash happily takes the badge and heads to the Pokemon center. He did ask for a badge case and once he received it he placed the badge inside it. After receiving Pikachu and Butterfree he and Misty started making their way towards mount moon.

???: "Hey Ash! Wait up!"

Ash stopped and turned to see Brock running over.

Brock: "Do you mind if I join you? My father just returned home and took over the gym so I could finally go on my own journey."

Ash: "Sure, I'd like to have someone that I actually would like on my journey."

Misty: "And what's that supposed to mean?"

Ash just gives Misty a look before walking off.

----

That's the chapter. Ash now has his first badge and Brock has joined him in his journey. Next up is the mount moon chapter, and I hope you all enjoy.