chapter 3- unaccustomed

i feel like a lot of people dismiss how powerful a teenager's mind is.

so many bright and exciting ideas have been dissolved from the teenage intellect simply because of where it stems from.

adolescence is widely seen as a symbol of development, embarrassment, and something better off forgotten about. what people fail to see is that it also symbolizes prosperity, individuality, and growth.

teens use their powerful minds as a tool for love, passion, talent, courage,

and manipulation.

standing in the doorway of our train car was a boy dressed in a slytherin crew neck and loose black jeans. he was tall and slender, his white hair falling upon his face as if placed intentionally.

"malfoy, surprised you haven't moved in early this year," harry said coldly.

so this is draco malfoy.

"well, i usually try to avoid all the people i can, but i got busy this year..." he paused, looked at the ground, and returned his eyes to harry, "with other things."

i happened to look at hermione who was not trying to conceal her distaste for the boy.

"what do you want, malfoy?" she hissed.

"can't i just stop in and say hello? plus," he turned to me, "i don't believe we've met." he gave me a small smirk.

i wasn't about to be nice to him, having heard the type of person he is. is he trying to charm me? honestly, i couldn't care less.

"y/n y/l/n." i told him with crossed arms.

"well, you seem delightful. american, right? they're always a little shy," he said through his stupid smirk.

"not even the first day of classes and you're already starting problems. are you done yet?" hermione hissed.

draco lifted his eyebrows to look at hermione, and then chuckled quietly while leaving the train car. yes, draco's a douchebag, but he definitely knows how to get under people's skin.

"he's everything i thought he'd be and more," i turned to hermione.

everyone laughed as we gathered our things and left the train to move into our temporary home.

it was hectic, to say the least. move-in day started as soon as we got off the hogwarts express, and hermione made it extremely clear that we must follow her list of so-called "move-in day essentials" in order for everything to go smoothly. this list consisted of every room we must visit, every teacher we must greet, and every spell we must cast. it is an extremely fortunate circumstance that i happened to meet people that belong to the same house as i do. i'm not sure what i would have done if i had to part ways with my new friends.

the very first thing that was on hermione's list was getting all of our things dropped off in our dorm. so, before anything else, we climbed the ever changing staircases to our living quarters.

the gryffindor common room was more than beautiful. its intricate design gave it a sophisticated look yet i could still tell how much character it had. i couldn't wait to cozy up by the fire studying and listening to rain. but, hermione snapped me out of my daydream before i could even think another word.

"come on, you'll love it!" she chirped excitedly.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.