12 - EAVESDROPPING

A few days later I was in a better mood. I've gotten over Jere. The debutante ball was today, and I was really excited. The boys rehearsed a dance that I was internally cringing at but it was fine. Solana got the most beautiful dress and I've been helping her with getting funds for a charity.

Steven ranted to me about losing all of his money to some rich boys trying to fit in. I told him he was stupid and he should just admit to Shayla what he did because the Ball was in fact tonight. "She's gonna be fucking angry at you, but the best thing you can do right now is to come clean."

"Yeah, you're right. Thanks Alf," He smiled. Jere and Belly walked in the kitchen. I tried my best to not have an attitude because today was so perfect. Conrad picked up some muffins for Belly and looked genuine happy to give them to her, but she declined them. I scoffed lowly at her action.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I sat in the living room on my phone when I noticed Steven roughly dragging Jeremiah to the other room. The hell? They left the door slightly open on accident, "You're hooking up with my sister?"

"She told you?"

"No, I saw you guys kissing!"

"You're not gonna beat me up are you?"

"I'm really thinking about it."

"Listen, Steven I really like her,"

"Dude, what about Alfie?" I put my phone down and started to pay attention at my name, "You admitted to having a big crush on him!"

"Listen! I fucked that up big time. Alfie fucking hates me! Incase you haven't noticed the last time we spoke was at the tournament! And that was weeks ago! He thinks I played him."

"You did play him."

"It wasn't supposed to be like that." I heard Jere breath out.

"Is that why I heard Alf crying in his room the other day?" Steven heard me!?

"He was crying?" I heard Jere's voice go low.

"Yeah, like balling his eyes out. You really did fuck up 'cause Alf doesn't just cry. How about you stop being a dick and go apologize already."

"I tried that already genius he doesn't want to be anywhere near me."

"I can see why." They started to come out of the room and I pretended to be paying attention to my phone.

Maybe I was being too hard on Jere.