Chapter 9: Secret Revealed Pt. 3

~JIEUN POV~
   We arrive at the restaurant and head to the table mom reserved and sit down. The waitress came over and took our order. 

   Why is the atmosphere so awkward here? I ask myself as the waitress heads to our table with the food we ordered. 

   A few minutes of silence goes by and everyone is silent, eating their food. 

"Mom, dad, why have you guys been inviting me over for dinner?" I ask, breaking the silence. 

   They both look at each other without saying a word and mom just nods at my dad. 

"Sweetie, I know you're a very busy lady and you've been working so hard for your company you built. But know that we chose to do this because we want the best for you." Mom says making me gulp because of nervousness. Why am I even nervous? 

"What do you mean? I mean- I get what you mean, but why are you saying this?" I question her and Jin just stares at her, waiting for mom's answer. 

"Listen, I'll put it in the simplest way possible. You're getting married" dad blurts out, making Jin choke on his steak. 

"WHAT???" I yell.

"Gurlll, your voice is still loud ever since you were a child" mom says sarcastically while covering her ears. 

"Jieun, the reason why you're getting married is because it'll be beneficial to the company. And his parents are good friends to us. We made a deal about letting our daughter marry their son because they helped us. And that daughter is you, Jieun" dad explains and Jin just makes an "O" shape with his mouth. 

"But dad, that's not fair! I'm already a grown woman, meaning I just be able to choose who I want to marry. Besides, who is this man I have to marry?" I protest.

"I know you're a grown lady already, but you should know that us Park's always keeps our promises. Be lucky you're grown already, we were planning to get you two married after you graduate college. But you already started your company by the time we were already planning to tell you. So we waited for you to get a little bit older, which is now" he answers with mom nodding her head in agreement. 

"Okay?? And who am I getting married to exactly?" 

"The son from the Kims family, Kim Taehyung" my dad finally answers. 

"WHAT?!?!"

"WHAT?!?!"

Me and Jin both say in sync. 

"Wait wait wait wait, you're kidding right? Hahaha real funny guyssss" I try to convince myself. 

"Sweetie we're serious." 

"But why HIM?" Jin butts in. 

"Like I said, his parents are old friends of ours and they also helped us go through a lot before Jieun was born" dad replies. 

"Wow,  I can't believe it" I whisper to myself. 

"Jieun, I know this is really hard for you to take in and you don't have to agree to do this if you really don't want to. We're not forcing you" my mom reassures.

"But it's better if you do it. For us, for yourself, and for your company. Be happy because Kim Taehyung now owns one of the biggest company in Korea the Kims" dad continues. 

"But-" I try to make an excuse but get cut off by mom. 

"Sweetie, please, think about it for a while. You can give us an answer anytime you want. Just try to answer by the end of the month"

"Wow that's totally a lot of time. It's already the third week on March and you're saying this?" Jin asks with disbelief on his face. 

   Both mom and dad sighs and they just stare at my blankly, making guilt wash over me. 

   Should I really get married? But it's for my parents, they took care of me so much, they always tried their best to raise me, and they sent me college. They've been supporting me and my company ever since we started. Does it have to be HIM I'm getting married to though? Ugh I don't know anymore!

"Fine, I'll think about it" I answer blankly and their faces light up with hope. But Jin just stares at me, his doubt showing through his face. 

"Thank you sweetie. We truly are thankful we have you and we love you" my mom smiles at me. 

~A/N~
   I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!! I'm finally done writing the "Secret Revealed" chapters. The last chapter didn't really have any drama in it, but at least this chapter does!! I hope :D

   Also so many things has been going on ever since they announced the boys are going to focus on solo works. Like Jungkook and Charlie's collab, Tae is in Paris for the Celine fashion show, and Hobi's album is coming out soon. Like jeez, I'm so proud😭

Anyways, please vote 🙂