We Only See Each Other at Funerals

One day in 1989 fourty three babies were born, this would have been completely normal, except none of the mothers had been pregnant. Reginald Hargreeves adopted eight of them, he didn't give them names he just assigned them numbers. Their robot maid/mother gave them their true names

Luther/Number One was the strongest physically, he could lift things no one else could, he was also the proverbial golden boy. 

Diego/Number Two could manipulate the trajectory of an object making him highly skilled at knife throwing, he had a tendency to be bitter.

Allison/Number Three could control a person with her voice and the saying "I heard a rumor" she sought fame.

Klaus/Number Four was a seance, he could speak to ghosts, it was scarring for the young boy, he was stealing drugs at a young age.

Number Five (who refused any other name) had the ability to jump through time and space, he always thought he was smarter than everyone else except Eight his best friend. 

Ben/Number Six could summon creatures into his body and let them loose, he was the glue.

Vanya/Number Seven had no power and according to Reginald that made her useless, she was the silent one.

Willow/Number Eight had the ability to control metal, she liked to call it Ferrokinesis, Five had found the name they both thought it was better than metal manipulation. She was the rebellious one in Reginald Hargreeve's eyes, he knew she would be his biggest problem.

"Come on!"

Seven children ran across the roof of a bank coming to a stop above a glass window, the leader Number One looked to the others and began giving orders. Number Eight rolled her eyes and looked to where Five stood the two smirked at each other before looking away.

Eight noticed that beside her Number Two was shaking slightly, she reached out taking his hand in her own. Number Two instantly stopped shaking, Number Eight had a strange way of calming him down, she always had even when they were small, she was the only one he could talk to without his lisp coming out. 

"Let's go!" 

Number Three went out first walking almost timidly forward until a robber saw her he frowned turning to her "Hey, get back with the others!"

"I heard a rumor."

The Robber tilted his head "What? What did you say?"

Number Three smirked "I heard a rumor that you shot your friend in the foot."

The robbers eyes glazed white before he turned to do exactly what she had told him to do, as soon as the shot rang out a boy fell from the glass window above attacking another man. A young girl with green hair floated down from the roof, when she landed below a robber pointed his gun at her shooting two times. She smirked and raised her hands stopping the bullets in their tracks with a smirk "Nice," her eyes met the robbers who was staring at her with fear in his gaze "now its my turn."

With a flick of her wrist the bullets went back towards the robber implanting in both of his legs, as he went down the gun in his hand went flying towards the girl. She unloaded it sticking the bullets into her pocket before turning to watch her friends.

They were all gathered around a robber who was standing on a counter pointing a gun at them, Number Eight moved forward as Diego taunted the man.

"Hey, be careful up there, buddy.!"

"Get back now!"

"Wouldn't want you to get hurt." Allison said mockingly

Suddenly Five appeared taunting the man as he jumped around him before replaving his gun with a stapler. The gunman stared confused as Five laughed "Ooh! That's one badass stapler!"