Chapter 13

Adalyn POV

Laying down spread across my bed positioning myself like a starfish on my back. My vape pen was in my right hands as I brought it back to my lips inhaling before exhaling out of my nose.

You really didn't have to worry about trying to hide a strong smell when it comes to vaping because some gives off that fruit scent which smells good by the way.

In my thoughts as I thought about life. Nothing really much. I really need to call my assistant and ask him how he's been running my estate so far while I've been gone.

I've built my company all the way from the ground. Of course Mario wanted to help out every now and then which I had a problem with at first but slowly got used to it seeing that I never had anybody to do something like this for me.

Knock

.

Knock

.

Snapping out of my thoughts hearing knocking on my bedroom door I said, " Come in" while still being in my same position not moving an inch.

The girl walked in shock—probably from seeing the vape.

Clearing her throat with her hands in the front of her apron she begins to speak, "Miss, your father requested you come downstairs for dinner" she said

"Please don't even in your life call me miss, Adalyn is totally fine" I said

"Ok mis–I mean Adalyn" she said while nodding her head with a satisfied smile on her face.

We walked down the stairs in silence with her fidgeting with her apron every now and then before I began to speak, "How did you get a job here, you look young"

She blushed before speaking, "I'm not embarrassed of it no more, I honestly got used to it" she said sighing before continuing, "My parents couldn't pay your father debt so they sold me here" she said with a shrugged.

"Ugh I hate them much more already" I said rolling my eyes.

"Do you not like your family" she asked looking at me confused

"To be honest, I have hatred towards most of them"

"So you wouldn't mind me saying Maeve and your mom is a completely pain in my ass and also a bitch" she said as her shoulder begins to relax feeling herself get more comfortable.

"Feelings mutual, I hate their ass too"

"They so fucking annoying. I just want to pit slap their asses. Excuse my language" she said with a small laugh coming out at the end.

"You're honestly fine, speak your mind. Both of them dumb and dumber. Perfect match for one another" she said as the girl nods her head agreeing

"Hey, I didn't quite catch your name"

"That's because I didn't give it to you but my names Jayda but you can call me Jay for short" she said with a shrug.

"Ok, you already knows mines. I don't exactly know a nickname but full is fine"

She grins excitedly before saying, "So this means we're friends now" she ask

"Sure" I said with a smile.

"Good cause honestly it felt like I couldn't get no type of friends with them around. They always try to bully me and embarrassed me in front of others so yea" she said with a sad expression appearing on her face.

"That will all change now. You got me now as your friend" I said with a smile

She nods before they continue talking going down the stairs. A new friendship was being created this exact moment and Adalyn didn't had no idea it was.

"So do they let you set and eat at the table" I ask

"We'll Alessandro was letting me until his wife had a complaint about me eating there" she said with a scowl on her face.

"All that will change, you're sitting with me today. I don't want to hear a peak out of them" I said.

"You're really nice under that mean face you had earlier" she said as Adalyn dropped her mood looking at her.

"I'm not mean" I said as I stared down at her. I knew I was lying to myself but still

"Yea ok–turn that frown upside down and smile for me" she said as we reach the doors

"Ladies and ladies, we reach the door to enter the kitchen" she said as she went in before me holding the door as I thanked her and she nods.
.

.

.

Jayda Character Pic

VOTECOMMENTFOLLOWSHARE

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
SHARE

Renee__D