2. Evacuation

Snowball awoke to Hunter, her little brother shaking her. "Snowball! Hurry get up!" He yelled. "Ok I'm up, I'm up." She said, still tired. "Hurry! We have to leave!"

Snowball opened her eyes only to see rain pouring into the den and her parents and siblings
running back and fourth putting things into a small wooden wagon outside.

She got up quickly and started putting her own stuff into the wagon, she didn't have much but she still wanted to take the things she had.

A few tennis balls and squeaky toys she had found along with a few bones and other small things she'd find. After they finished her father put a leather harness on then attached it to the wagon.

They began to walk down the tall hill they lived on, heading towards the village just below the hill. It started to rain harder, the path getting more and more slippery.

Once they finished their walk down the hill, it was only a small walk to the entrance of the village. Snowball admired the entry way, a square spruce arch with a birch sign that had, "Glacies Village."
(Glacies meaning icicle in Latin, pronounced "Gla-shes") carved into it.

As they walked into the village, a vixen (female fox) walked up to them, "Excuse me, but I don't recognize you, are you new here? The vixen asked. "Yes, our home in the woods was destroyed, we have come here in search of a new one." Dakota replied.

"Oh..." She said, trailing off, "I never introduced myself! I'm Willow, nice to meet you...?" She asked, not yet knowing their names. " Dakota, I'm Dakota, and this is my wife Nix." He said, explaining their names.

Willow looked around before replying, "Dakota, nice to meet you two!" Could you follow me, it's protocol to take new foxes to the Queen." She said.

Snowball noticed the red cloak she wore, 'maybe she works for the Queen.' Snowball thought, running a bit to catch up to the others, she tried to imagine what this 'Queen' would look like.

Word Count: 379

Cliffhanger! I love cliffhangers, ha! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Bye guys, gals, and non-binary pals!

Remember To:
If Gay, Be gay
Drink Water
Get Rest
Be Cool
Slayyy
Sleep
Eat