Tears and Strange Feelings

A two year old Ezra stood in the rain with his father, Ephraim right behind him squeezing his shoulders. Staring down at the fresh grave.

The toddler took a few big steps forward and wrapped the grave stone into a hug. He laid his head on it's top as tears flooded his little eyes.

His huge tightened as he cried "Mommy."

Ezra bolted up right breathing heavy as tears streamed from his eyes. Once his heart rate lowered he looked under him to see if he had woken Zeb. It was around midnight and if he woke Zeb he would just be reminded of the bad memories. Ezra sighed in relief seeing he hadn't woken Zeb.

Sliding down the ladder he tried to be quiet as possible in order not to wake Zeb.

Once his bare feet hit the cold metal floor he made a beeline for the door. Now in the hall he quickly walked as fast as his bare feet could. He was almost out of the hall when he tripped.

Ezra pushed himself up with his elbows looked down to see Zeb hadn't picked up his tools. 'Thanks a lot Zeb.' he thought. Ezra picked himself up as he prayed to the force that no one had woke. Unfortunately the force was not in his favor.

"Ezra?" Ezra froze in his spot. He slowly turn to the person he hoped the most he wouldn't wake...Kanan. His arms were crossed and had a curious look in his eyes, but held his sturn face as he asked "Ezra, why are up?"

Ezra nervously rubbed his arm looking up at Kanan through his bangs ''I...was just going to get some fresh air. You?" Kanan's frame softened as he unfolded his arms "Me too. Mind if I join you?"

Ezra quietly sighed in relief "No, not at all."

The walk to the ramp was deathly silent. Kanan felt like it was choking him and decided to take Hera's advice and confess his feelings to Ezra. Now was better than later when everyone was awake.

And with a moment of courage said "Ezra, I need to tell you something." stopping at the top of the ramp and looked Ezra in the eyes.

"Okay, what do you need to tell me?" once the words come out of Ezra's mouth Kanan lost all courage. He looked quiet and calm on the outside, but the inside he was screaming at himself and was worried his feelings might destroy their friendship.

They both sat on the ramp looking at each other. Ezra could tell that Kanan was nervous to tell him what he want to tell. Ezra squeezed Kanan's knee "Take as much time as you need Kanan. You don't have to tell me now. You can tell me tomorrow."

Ezra stood and started to walk towards the door. Kanan started to panic as he stood and watched Ezra. He never really got chances to talk with Ezra with out anyone being around them. He wouldn't be able to tell him tomorrow. With out thinking Kanan said quickly "I Love You."

Ezra stop dead in his tracks. Trying to figure out if he had heard Kanan correctly. He turned towards Kanan slowly as he asked "What did you just say?"

Kanan rubbed the back of his neck as he mumbled "I..I said that I.. I Love You." Ezra started at him blankly as he thought it over.

Realizing what Kanan meant Ezra walked over and grab him by the collar and smashed his lips against Kanan's. Kanan was shocked. His eyes wide, but soon he let his eyelids close and started to kiss back.

Ezra wrapped his arms around Kanan's neck as he smiled into the kiss. Kanan held Ezra pressed against him as one hand found the small of Ezra's back and the other in between his shoulder blades.

Ezra turned his head and started to move backwards as Kanan followed.

Soon Kanan had Ezra pressed against the wall right by the ladder. Ezra pressed his thigh against Kanan. He gasped when his legs were pulled up around Kanan's waist.