𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞-boulavard of broke dreams

╔════════╗
↳ * Chapter title taken from the song Boulevard of Broken Dreams by green day
╚════════╝

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

Tw: mentions of physical abuse and rape

The first time Uncle Vernon ever laied his hands on Ella that she could remember was when she was five, and had taken a hammer to Dudley's favorite remote control car after he punched her in the face. Uncle Vernon was livid, going on and on about how anger wasn't a women's place, how if Dudley punched her it was because she deserved it, and that he would teach her a lesson.

Ella came to school the next day with two black eyes. 

*・゚:*・゚

The last time Uncle Vernon put his hands on her,
Ella was on summer break after her second year at Hogwarts.

He had corned her in the upstairs hallway, gotten so close she could feel the heat of his breath. Gotten so close she had almost forgotten how to breath out of fear.

It wasn't out of anger, or aggression, or misogyny that Vernon Dursley put his hands on his nice that summer day, not like the first time.

This time, it was out of lust.

No one had been around to save her- at least not when he started. Harry was being forced to pull weeds in the back garden, Petunia was getting groceries in preparation for Aunt Marge's visit the next day, and Dudley was out God knows where doing God knows what. Vernon, the sick bastard that he was,had calculated his timing perfectly.

As Ella was forced down onto her aunt and uncle's bed, being touched all over in places she hadn't even yet dared to touch herself by a man who didn't deserve to have basic human rights, she had the terrifying, fleeting fear that the rest of her life would be like this-that she would be this powerless forever.

And then, right as she had stoped fighting, resigned herself to the fact that the tears streaming down her face while her Uncle had his way with her would become her new normal, come to terms with how she had no say in who put their hands on her body, Aunt Petunia had walked in.

For a terrifying moment she just stood in the doorway, stareing.

For a terrifying moment, Ella thought that she would let Uncle Vernon continue. Then the screaming started.

It had lasted for hours, the fighting.

Petunia screamed, Vernon begged, words were exchanged like daggers. And the whole time Ella just sat there and sobbed. She never was able to recall most of what was said that night, but Ella did remember Vernon at one point saying "She's developed so much, looks so much like your sister, and you know better than anyone how I always felt about Lilly" And at that sentiment, Petunia had thrown a vase at his head.

But those words stuck with Ella ever since. Haunted with her even in her happiest moments, lurked in the back of her mind when she went to sleep.

You know better than anyone how i always felt about Lilly.

Her whole life, Ella had taken pride in being told she looked like her mother; the mirror was the one thing that tied them together, even through the wall that separated the dead.

But mabye that wasn't such a good thing.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

After the incident ( as Ella liked to refer to it ), things were never the same at number four privite drive. Petunia moved into the guest bedroom, only communicating with her husband when nessatiy demanded it.

Ella vowed to never be put in a position of weakness ever again. When she went back to Hogwarts, she worked twice as hard, studied advanced transfiguration, defensive spells, and even some dark curses.

Nobody, would ever lay their hands on her ever again without her permission.

Nobody.

And Harry and Dudley never learned what happened that night. Which was exactly how Ella wanted it. She didn't need Harry's pity, and she didn't need Dudley's blame.

She was perfectly fine dealing with this all by herself, with only her shadow walking beside her. After all- this was her cross to bear.

This was her own fault, in a way.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

Notes from C!
I fucken warned you

694 words