chapter 16 | reasons

MALIA POV:

My eyes are not working correctly because there is no way in hell that a handbag that can't even fit my phone is this much money.

"23,000," I whisper, my eyes wide with surprise. The sparkly watermelon handbag should at least be 15,000 dollars, no damn way this is real.

My arm aches from the amount of bags I've been carrying, and this is the tenth store I've gone to.

The white marble floors shine so much you could probably see your reflection in them if you looked hard enough.

The whole store was decked out with creamy white furniture, black marble walls, and pillars that looked like they were made in Atlantis.

"Can I help you?" A voice says behind me, a sense of distaste laced through it. I turn around, my hair sweeping over my shoulder.

I had worn a simple gray crop top and some white jeans, which was a pretty simple outfit considering I was at a luxury store.

A woman stands before me, shorter than me by at least 10 inches. She wears bold red lipstick and a tight black dress.

Her hair is in a bun that looks like it's cutting off some circulation, and a diamond necklace settles over her collar bone.

"Uhm, well, I was trying to look for a handbag that was maybe more...inexpensive," I say with a nervous laugh, itching the back of my head.

She looks me up and down with a raised eyebrow, sighing loudly. "Are you sure you can even afford anything here? I know a good thrift shop right around the corner." She bites out, tilting her head with an innocent smile.

I tense, my eyebrows shooting up to the top of my forehead.

This bitch.

I stand up straighter, glaring my eyes down at her. "I don't know who you are, but I know damn well that's not how you talk to customers, is it?" I cross my arms, tilting my head down at her.

She doesn't falter, rolling her eyes before picking her nails.

That looks trash, by the way.

Who wears black nails during summer?

"Listen, hun," She begins, giving me a nasty smirk, "you're wasting my time here. Are you able to afford it or not?" She crosses her arms, about to open her rude mouth before being cut off.

"I don't think that's how you talk to someone with respect, hm?" A voice comes behind me. Dark, dangerous, and downright seductive.

Just by the smell, I know who it is, the leather and spicey scent filling my nose. Kade's chest brushes my back, sending shivers erupting in my body.

His whole existence is the only thing I can think about now: the fact that he is right behind me, defending my name.

The top of my head brushes his chin, making me scoot over. He catches my wrist, pulling me gently towards him before holding my hand.

The woman tenses, a look of awe and surprise on her face as she takes in his figure, and just like that, her whole persona changes from rude and disrespectful to innocent and sweet.

She juts her chest out, putting on a lovely smile.

"I'm sorry, sir. Do you need anything?" She says sweetly, eyes fluttering.

She looks like a dumbass.

"I need you to get the fuck out." He snaps, stepping from behind me. She freezes for a second, a look of surprise on her face. "Excuse me?" She says with a nervous laugh.

He doesn't falter, "I've been listening to how you have been treating her the whole time, and I know the store's owner very fucking well. You wouldn't want to lose your job? would you?" He deadpans out, his eyes like lazers.

"Find a new job and get the fuck out." He sounded out slowly.

She takes a step back, making a sob-like noise before walking away. He rolls his eyes, fixing the wristwatch adorned on his wrist before turning to me.

Suddenly, I completely forget about the incident but instead focus on him. I stand up straighter, jutting up my chin, "I didn't need your help, you know that, right." I ask, fixing the bags on my shoulder.

He walks up to me, taking all the bags as if they weigh nothing, "She was annoying me." He grunts, walking towards the exit door.

"Why are you here, Kade?' I sigh out, taking the bags from his hands.

I don't need him to hold them. He tenses, fisting his hands behind his back as he replies, "Personal reasons."

Is it for a girl, a girlfriend?

I tense, nervously playing with my necklace before walking towards the exit.

Fuck this shit.

_____________________________________

short ass chapter sorry my loves