Chapter 4: Old News

A/N: This chapter was named by my most favoritest mutual on tik tok 😻😻 go follow Tuxedos NOW or Yueliang gets it 🐈‍⬛🔫 (/j lol...UNLESS)

TW FOR:
Disassociation, trauma flashbacks, unintentional self-harm, panic

———————————————————————————

Macaque awoke snuggled with Wukong. He blinked, startled. When had he fallen asleep, let alone SNUGGLED WITH SUN WUKONG?!

He blinked a few more times, counting his fingers, making sure this was real and not some weird fever  dream.

He was not, in fact, dreaming. He wanted to be friends again, yes, but this was a bit too soon. He used a portal and warped off of the couch and away from his frenemy. Glancing at a window, he noticed it was dark out.

Were Sandy and Mk still not home? Shit, how long does a hospital visit take?

He looked back over at Wukong. He was snoring obnoxiously loud, tail twitching like a dreaming dog. Macaque stared at him for a while. He looked so stupid he couldn't help but smile.

Macaque turned and went to make breakfast in the kitchen. He looked up at the clock. After a moment of struggling to read it, he decided it was roughly 2:40 am.

Great time to wake up. Not inconvenient AT ALL.

He huffed and stole the eggs from Sandy's fridge. Maybe making breakfast for everyone would be a good apology. Macaque wasn't very...good at apologizing. This was his best bet.

Taking a pan, butter, milk, and bread, he decided to make Bird's nest Toast. Sandy liked that, huh? Mk would probably like it too.

Sandy explained it rather roughly, but Macaque got the general gist. Er— he hoped so, at least. This would either go super well or fail horribly.

He cut a bit of the butter off with a knife and put it into the pan. He turned the burner on and moved the butter with a fork. He couldn't find a spatula, ok?! Don't judge.

Soon enough he deemed the pan covered. Now his next obstacle was the bread. How did Sandy get the circles out again? He didn't remember. Rummaging around in the kitchen for a while found him a circle cookie-cutter that had been put away in a cabinet. As he grabbed it, He felt something fuzzy brush his leg.

He looked down and smiled.

Yueliang!

He picked them up and placed Little Moon on his shoulders. They didn't purr like usual.

"Awe, what's wrong, Yueliang? Are you still mad at me?" Macaque cooed.

The cat huffed. That was a yes.

"Well i'm sorry. I thought we were going to get hurt."

Yueliang began to purr as if they understood human words. Macaque scratched him behind the ears and closed the cabinet. His tail curled happily. Gods above, he loved this stupid furry creature. If anything happened to it he'd kill everyone in the room with him and then himself.

Well..maybe that was a stretch, but you get the point. Macaque actually wasn't so fond of death— didn't I mention that before like..JUST last chapter? Whatever. Macaque likes Little Moon's presence.

He cut the circles out of the bread and gave the extra pieces to Yueliang. He seemingly appreciated this gesture and gratefully ate them.

As he put those in the pan, he started cracking eggs. He dropped the egg white and yolk into the middle of the bread slices carefully. They sizzled satisfyingly as they made contact with the pan and butter. Rinse and repeat two more times and he had a full pan of 'nests.'