tua s3 thoughts

congratulations! welcome to my rant. please note that these are my opinions and they will probably have minimal impact on how i write umbra 3. (this is mostly me clowning on luther, diego, and allison)

SPOILER WARNING!!! STOP READING THIS YOU BAFOON AND FINISH WATCHING THE SEASON

let's separate this by topics

1. general thoughts and impressions
i honestly really enjoyed this season. gets a solid 8.5/10 from me. i think the plot is repetitive, but that's the whole point. with each new apocalypse, the characters grow (and yet so do the sizes of the problems). the twists and turns created a wonderful buildup that had me yelling at my tv and my parents because i was so excited to see what was next. the ending leaves me confounded and provides an opening for another season, which i hope happens.

2. least favorite people and storylines :((
ok ok things i don't hate entirely but kind of dislike. first, luther and sloane. i love sloane, she's great. i understand the need for some more romance. i also think luther and sloane were both sheltered children and jumped on the chance of a relationship the first time someone showed them any form of romantic affection. they're still cute though, even if they did get married after knowing each other for a week. it was definitely a cool plot device.

diego KIND OF. like i love lila, she's cool. but how diego dealt with stan at first really irked me. like he sat him down and set "my old man sucked and i promised i would be better" and then proceeds to make the most stupid ass decisions regarding him for 2-3 days. yes, they grew on each other but diego's initial reaction was horrible. he made all this talk about being better than his old man and then like threatens him and is rude and dismissive. like wtf bro

ALLISON. WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT ALLISON. she's lost her husband, daughter, husband again, daughter again. she's like the wanda maximoff of the umbrella academy. tua's punching bag. as klaus said brother, lover, mother. endless pain and suffering. here are some things i'm frustrated about.

first, this not only applies to allison but a few in the academy, the lack of understanding when it comes to a changed timeline. i don't remember what the handler promised, but i'm pretty sure it was a back to normal timeline. now they find out that this world is different and the changes they made had negative consequences. and they're like kind of stupid about it. like yeah ofc you talking to reginald is going to change your future that's literally your father. the sparrows aren't bad, it's an alternate reality douchebags. you can't stay in their house because they have no clue who you guys are. diego was like "imma kick their asses and then make reggie admit we're better" no dude?? stop trying to fight them when you can leave them or join them or talk to them like civil people. specifically for allison, what part of changed timeline is like not getting through? yes, claire isn't here because you're in an alternate reality. even if allison's mother was alive, how can you be so sure that allison would have met patrick and have given birth to claire? butterfly effect, you move a chair and the pigs start flying.

second, her possibles solutions for the problem. she is frustrated, rightfully so, and probably not in the right state of mind. her anger and desperation is causing her to rush things and make decisions that only benefit herself. case (haha) and point, the briefcase. threatening the sparrows and killing harlan (a little more understandable) was not going to solve any issue, and even if she got the briefcase, what's she gonna do? kill harlan before oct 1 1989? reggie still thinks you guys were terrible picks. try and convince reggie to adopt you because of the grandfather paradox? he's a man on a project oblivion mission he doesn't give a shit. and either way the small changes they made to the timeline would still do something.

third and final (emphasis on opinion), she needs to stop being so mean to viktor :(( sure he caused all three apocalypses basically but none of them were intentional. you think viktor wanted to destroy the moon? no, dumbass s1 luther locked him in a basement. you think viktor wanted to start a third world war? no, stupid government agent scientist people tortured him. you think he wanted to give powers to harlan? no, he tried to get it back, he didn't realize all of it wasn't gone. and all this talk about allison trying to include viktor. COME ON BRO we saw the flashbacks all of you were kind of bitches towards viktor. he's had these powers unlocked for what, 2-3 weeks? after stopping the pills, he had them but then he lost his memory for a month. then he found them again and had maybe a few days with them? ofc there are gonna be issues with them you rumored him and locked them away for years.

ok sorry went on a bit of a rant there because i'm very frustrated with allison. i'm gonna be so sad when ray has to go away because he can't exist in the timeline like that.

3. power talk
I LOVE KLAUS!! we actually saw that immortality power in the second comic, dallas, when he was captured and killed by hazel and cha cha. he also went to the black and white world and met a cowboy instead of a little girl on a bike. that sequence with reggie testing his powers was actually really cool (even if reggie is a little shit) a little counterproductive training the person you want to kill off how to be immortal. i still want to know how killing himself on the white buffalo allowed him to be revived in oblivion.

allison's power development is actually really cool. i think it was a nice idea to have her absorb some of the harlan power transfer and level her up.

viktor is like cracked at everything i still believe the umbrellas were ranked in reverse order because viktor is obviously the strongest.

i want to see more of diego's power. according to the comics, it's not just knife throwing. he can manipulate and change the direction of projectiles, like how we saw him dodge all those bullets at the beginning of season two. what got him there? because that was really cool.

can lila just always be by viktor. please that would be so useful. also that scene where she took fei's crow power and stole the briefcase was insane.

4. fave moments
-opening dance number
-more like their ringer
-dickhead
-viktor coming out
-everyone being casual because that's the most normal thing that's happened to any of them
-diego being called a dilf
-diego telling viktor he's loved
-five singing at the wedding (he's so?? hot??)
-viktor slapping allison (SORRY ALLISON BUT IT WAS SO SATISFYING)

and for anyone who made it this far here's the cover (IT'S SO SEXY I'M SO PROUD OF THIS)

so satisfying all next to each other

EDIT:
cooler sexier cover by malewifemurdock