Chapter 26:Key ring

~*(y,n)'s POV*~
     "How many more rooms did you say we had to go?" On the opposite side of the door that I closed sits yet another X carved into the walling of the room, two large slashes that have a hasty, rushed appearance to them. Kyojuro wasn't kidding when he said he'd already gone through so much of this hotel already while he was looking for me. Who knows what lengths he travel to succeed, on such a short clock, too. He was so outta breath when he finally found me, I can't imagine what might've gotten him to that state.

     "We have about..." The Flame Pillar trailed away as he took out the map he drew earlier, looking carefully after he marked out the most recent room we discovered. Most of the rooms are already crossed out with a smudge of blood from his fingertips, a lot of them from what we've accomplished now that we've been reunited. There's only so many places left for us to go. After that final guests room is dealt with, no more of the damn demons to deal with, we can leave!

     "6 more rooms, then it's to the exit we go! As long as these next rooms aren't a big hassle, I'm sure it'll be quick." He smiled as we reached another one of the staircases within this underground building, each step faintly lit by the lanterns strung overhead. There've been so many flights to take, expected for a hotel with a building with over 60 stories built into it. Hasn't stopped us two from making our way through the entire structure for several hours. I don't even know what time it is at this point, but it sure has been long. I'm certain my crow has already sent out an entire squad searching for me after my disappearance.

     "So... the demon we're still looking for: Gen, right?" Kyojuro turned to me as we made our way up the stairs, "We need to find a way to beat him, especially with that Blood art of his." Studying the new area with caution, he got out his sword and stepped up to one of the first rooms we came across. I leave that spot to him while I deal with the other ones.

     "Figuring out how to finish him off is important, or at least a plan to combat his abilities." The Flame Pillar said before a ruckus ensued on the inside of the room, quick footsteps sending little tremors into the floor. When everything went silent once more, he walked back out entirely unscathed and without a sign that he'd been fighting with anyone whatsoever. He made a bloody smudge on that room's section of the map and went back to our conversation as if nothing happened.

     "All we can really do is be aware of everything that's happening around us, especially if he can create more than one entry portal at a time." I commented to him as I made my way to the next door in the hallway, not giving any regard to the enemy right in front of me as soon as I opened the area up. The random guest was dead with just a swing of my weapon, barely giving any thought to it, either.

     Clearing this place out to be sure we get every last enemy has just gotten tedious, being a Hashira makes it seem like all these demons are moving in slow motion. We can't leave the place full of people who could very well pick the business back up if we let them live. These aren't the ones we're worried about though, not the man at the top that we have to kill at all costs.

     The Flame Pillar nodded his head as he watched me mark off those doors, putting a hand up to his chin for a moment of consideration. "...What if we tried using his portals against him?"

     "What do you mean by that?" I raised my eyebrow line and breezed past the other rooms in this hallway with him following beside me. They don't have any auras in there to worry about, no reason to check them. With the hotel almost cleared out, it's a lot easier to single out the important places now.

     "Fight fire with fire, ya know? If we're smart about it, we could use them to our advantage!" He whispered happily while we slowly went up the next flight, our steps barely able to be heard with how quiet we're being.