Chapter 32:Our promise.

~*Kyojuro's POV*~
"-Please... I never wished to make you cry..." I didn't think my words would have the power to stop her shaking and sobs, just for a moment to look at me as my touch startled her. I can't get myself to say anything else when seeing her tear-stained face in my palms, the flow I fail to cease freezing longer the tears streak down her skin. I brushed them away before they could stick onto her skin, the frozen droplets winking onto the ice below us.

My legs hurt from the distance I had to travel.' Took me until nightfall to finally make it here in my injured state. Though, even if it was as far away as Himejima's estate is, I still would've gone the distance. Wouldn't you know it, it d seems it was just the right time to arrive.

The woman sniffled into her haori sleeve as she scooted back from me, my warmer touch dwindling away from her cold skin. I let her draw from my reach, not going any closer. "How... did you get onto my property?"She muttered weakly with a cautious glance.

I laughed to myself with an awkwardd expression, looking at where I'd come from. I felt shameful doing it. It was basically breaking in, and startling her isn't making this better. I'm shocked my company didn't noticex me , It was humiliating for a high-status slayer such as myself... I had to hit the splits just to break one of my falls. I cannot express how worried I was about my manhood, I was inches away from experiencing a pain arguably worse than my current wound.

"Y'know...The g-gate to your grounds is open. I was thinking of jumping the wall, but then I couldn't... and, uhm... I closed it after I got here!" Looking on the brighter side of things didn't spare me from the suspicion on the woman's face growing, my ramblings dooming me.

"I'll stop now while I still can? Yeah..." I shared a nod with her before I could string away from the reason I actually came here. Her silent response is all I need- I shouldn't keep explaining how I broke in to her garden, otherwise, I'm sure to be closing the door again on my way out.

I sat down on the ice easily with the blankets Shinobu provided and smirked at her after I fanned out one to sit on top of. I waited there for a moment, expecting the worst... but my comrade didn't turn away my presence, staying in her own spot. That was easy enough.

"You're getting your mobility back, you're doing better." The Ice Hashira commented after watching that action, drying her eyes on the end of her sleeves.

"If it makes you feel even better, I've been told I'll be back to slaying by about next week! My recovery's going smoothly~" I laughed with a set my arms up on my chest, pulling the other blanket with me onto my shoulder and back for warmth.

"And, you're doingggg-"

"Fine. I'm alright." What a lie, she acts like I didn't just walk in on her crying all by herself.

"You say that, and yet your status lately has got a lot of us Hashira concerned." I broke it to the slayer. That statement from me got her to put on a scowl across her flushed face, her eyes, dimming.

"Is that it then? They sent you here to check in on me with the idea that you're the only one who I won't turn down? I should've known. " She brought her knees up to her chest and buried her chin in between them. I didn't let the thought stick for long, playing it safe so that I don't get sent away too soon.

I returned my sights to my disheartened ally and dropped my smile- here comes the nit and grit of why I made this journey. "I came here on my own accord. Not just because I've been worried myself, but I think it's time we actually talk. A lot went down those days ago, and I couldn't sit and let the problem fester any longer. " I said.

"You came here to talk about what happened, as if there hasn't already been enough said?" She mumbled after I admitted that, eyebrows faintly raised. I thought about the statement, soon to shake my head with a smirk.