ೃ⁀➷Late Night Things⋆·˚ ༘ *

Clay POV:

I came in and sat with George every single day for four months - no, five.. no wait - oh well, I may or may not have lost count anyways.

"George!"  I exclaimed with an audible smile on my dry lips as I pounded my fists against the entrance of the same coffee shop I had visited day after day. The same coffee shop where the many butterflies in my stomach had awakened after lying in a deep, cold sleep year after year.

The brunette's gaze flew to where the noises were meant to be heard and when a soft but confused chuckle slipped through his barely opened mouth, George stood up and walked to the locked wooden door with a sturdy stride. The boy stuck the rusty key to where it belonged and twisted it carefully between his fingertips. The door fell open and I took no time to jump in.

"Hi!" I said with a loud tone of delight that nothing really could wash off my tongue, no matter how.

"Oh my god, what are you doing here?!" George spoke while one of those sweet laughs fell through his lips, "The café is closed you dumbass."

"Really? I don't care," I spat, though not entirely serious. There was a rather funny note in my words that I hoped he noticed. "Believe me, I know."

George bent down the slightest bit and held out his hand to please me, the visitor, inside while still holding the door wide open.

"Why thank you," I sang in a pathetic voice, dancing further inside the shop.

"What brought you here? Can I get you a coffee?" asked George as audible confusion probably spread through his mind. "Nothing much. I just wanted to talk a bit," I just replied as I walked after the boy, who strolled hesitantly to the counter.

George got to the coffee machine and poured the brown powder right into it, and when he pressed his finger against the black button, dark brown liquid already began to drip down in the self-painted mug.

"Here you go," he said as the warm aroma flooded the café, pressing one of the two cups into my hand as he picked up his own and leaned on the white marble.

"I didn't even want coffee, idiot," I speek."I know. I just dont care," he replies. "Ayy, no need to be that sassy, Georgie."

"So, what exactly are you here for?" asked Geroge patiently, taking a sip of the bitter coffee and maintaining silent eye contact with my emerald eyes. "I figured we still don't have each other's phone numbers, so I suppose I've come to change that," I, the definitely taller of us, replied with that endearingly wry smile I so often put on.

A soft giggle hesitantly left George's mouth, followed by a rather strange sound made by the movement of closing his lips as he blew out those warm waves of breath.

But when the brunette discovered a fairly awkward smile and a wrinkled nose of mine, he said, "Oh wait, for real?" 

Through the thick concrete walls of the little café, you could hear my breathy wheeze and more chuckles that faded into a long yet so comforting silence after time went passing by.

"Why are we like this?"

George went to a small box and opened it ever so slightly. When he pulled his bony hand out of the cartboard again, he had a small piece of paper in his hand, which appeared to be a torn edge of a larger paper. He grabbed a pen and then the boy was already writing one number after another until he finally finished the note with a little smiley and a tiny heart that made my face instantly heat up and handed his phone number to me, who was standing right next to him. "Great. Thanks a lot," I spoke through my curled up lips.

"Oh, don't even worry! It's not a thing," the brunette answered with his adorable voice.

Suddenly the speakers started playing a slow melody.

I had stumbled backwards, accidentally falling onto the small button on one of the beige walls. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry," I quickly groaned because I was rather embarrassed, but I was interrupted short after. 

"No no, it's all right," George replied calmly.

"I would lie if I said that this isn't giving me vibes."

A rather shaky and nervous giggle slipped past my dry lips, when slowly but surely a soothing silence settled in the adorable café, prompting us both to easy our breathing and finally calm down completely.

"Shall we dance?" I suddenly broke through the thick layer of fog that had formed on the foundation of the low humming from the speakers. "What?" asked George, not quite wanting to believe what he had just heard through his ears, but he was interrupted by me, having an awkwardly big confidence push so I just simply held out my hand and set a gentle smile on my cheeks, or atleast I hope it looked gentle and not like a totally nervous mess like the one inside of me.

The music became louder ever so slightly when the brunette layed his smaller hand into my larger one and let himself sink into me slowly.

Woah, my love, my darling
I've hungered for your touch
A long, lonely time
And time goes by so slowly
And time can do so much
Are you still mine?
I need your love
I need your love
God speed your love to me

 I twirled George closer into my arms, letting the warm bubbling in my chest explode. We fell in step, letting the rhythm control our movements. All the scenery around us dissolved. It was George and me, alone.

My emerald eyes glistened, and a smile spread across my face. I don't quite know what kinds of feelings surged through the brunette's body, but I basically felt his fingers tingled in delight. I let my hand hand brush across the latter's cheek. MY body was acting on its own now, no chains to hold me back. I drew George close to chest, and wrapped my arms around his neck.

I had promised that day that I would not fall further in love with this absolutely gorgeous person.

Lonely rivers flow
To the sea, to the sea
To the open arms of the sea, yeah
Lonely rivers sigh
"Wait for me, wait for me"
I'll be coming home, wait for me

George moved his left foot backwards in a smooth motion and slid across the slick floor. I pushed my right foot forward and tracked my retreating foot with the smaller man's, like a fox on the hunt. I leaned forward and looked him in the eye, his fingers clawing at my ribs as my left foot came forward again, surprising George's foot and driving him back. We stopped, toe to toe, and I pulled the brunette's hips close to mine.

I guess I broke that promise.

_________________________

Word count: 1192

Rest easy, Technoblade! 

We always loved you and we will continue to love you no matter what happens. Fly high my little dove, you shall float in the peace of heaven you deserve. All my love is yours!

By the way, I'm so evil for putting 'Unchained Melody' in the dance scene. My great apologies.

Stay poggers y'all gremlins!

You're loved and appreciated.

~Yours, Franziska