one (2)

"GRACE, introduce us, will ya not?" Arthur spoke out first, his boisterous voice echoing through the eating room. "Think you've kept them your little secret long enough eh?"

Finn stared at the girl who was half hidden by Grace, her pale skin and light pink dress being worn loosely. Her chest was covered tightly with the dress, perhaps being the only part of the material that fit her. The small sleeves were loose around her forearms, revealing her unblemished pale skin. Finn tried not to stare too long, simply leaving his gaze lingering on each part of her for only a few moments.

The three of the new comers sat down, the unknown male pushing the youngest girls chair in before sitting around the other side of Grace. Matilda ended up sat next to Finn, who ultimately stared down at his plate intently - focusing solely on it, his eyes wide.

"Well, they have been my hidden sanctuary since they were born, I suppose it's time I share them," Grace smiled at the two on either side of her, grabbing Matilda's hand and holding it lightly. "Matilda and Nathaniel Byrne, they're old family friends of mine."

The Shelby's introduced themselves, all boisterous and unshy to the surrounding world. Though it was very clear that they were all drunk.

Finn was the last one to introduce himself, only turning to speak to the girl next to him. He spluttered over his words at first, causing Matilda to look over at him. Her eyes were patient, a small smile resting patiently, waiting for the boy to speak clearly. "Finn Shelby," He smiled awkwardly, smashing his teeth together as he parted his lips.

Matilda smiled brightly, small dimples encaging her cheeks, "It's nice to meet you Finn, I'm Matilda, but you already knew that," she held out her hand and rested it in Finns softly.

They both shared a lingering look, setting smaller, natural, smiles rest gently on their adolescent faces.

That was the first time they'd met.