Chapter 18 - Healing

***Sunday, 4 PM***

Richard's POV:

My sire checked on me at 7 AM but said nothing. He just left and locked me up here. I was only sitting in my chair, preparing for tomorrow's graduation test. During my studies I was hoping for Elmela to be on tomorrow's graduation test. I need to talk to her, safely. She needs to know why I was mad at her. She deserves to know the truth.

At 4 PM I was still studying because I've got problem with one subject – customer. Every subject was okay, but customer one was horrible! I wish my carrier were here to help me with it. Well, she is not, so I must figure it out by myself. During my study, my sire came into my room, saying, "Where is Elmela?!" I looked up from my notes and suspiciously raised my brow. "I don't know what you are talking about." I said, trying not to sound too suspicious. He approached my desk. "You know what I am talking about! Where is she?!" I ignored him and looked back at my notes. I heard him growl. "Do not ignore me!" he snapped. I sighed and looked back at him. "I don't know where she is, okay?" I said and he frowned at me. I think he knows.

"By the Allspark, Richard! Only you can unlock my special locks! I taught you it! You won't fool me!" he calmly said. Calmly... Oh no! I don't like this tune! "So, where is she?" he asked one more time. I sighed and honestly said, "Okay. It was me." He crossed his servos on his chest, waiting for me to continue, which I didn't do. He curved his lips, "Continue!" he ordered. So, I did, "I unlocked her cell and took her back on Natalie's place. That's Elmela's carrier's house." I truthfully said. How can I lie in front of him? He always knows! "And?" he asked. Of course, he was going to ask this! "There was Drift, and he took her." I replied. He growled, saying, "Great! Just great! Not only you let the most valuable trophy escape, but you also leave this ship without my permission!" He was upset, very upset. I am doomed.

"I thought I could trust you!" he finished. That upsets me, so I've said, "With what?! To not find love or to be like you, heartless?! Wow, that's something you want, don't you?!" I was so upset. He looked down at me, trying to be calm. How can he be so calm all the time?! "You want me to have nothing, only hunter skills!" I finished and he vented. He stopped moving and his holoform appeared next to me, his servo on my shoulder. "I don't say that. You did." he started. I rolled with my optics, trying to be as calm as possible. "You think I don't want you to feel love or be happy? You think I want you to be a heartless monster? No, Rick, I don't. Me and your carrier share strange love, but we share it. We both want you to be happy, but you're blind to see it!" I thought about the word "love". My carrier doesn't love him! At least, I think. He continued, "And about the "heartless" topic. I am not always heartless. I feel something too, you know. I don't want you to be like me and do mistakes like me, but you angered me yesterday. I wouldn't be against your relationship with Elmela if you trusted me like before. But you did not. Not anymore." I looked at my notes, thinking. Is he trying to sound like real parent? That's something new for him. "You should have said you're courted with her and nothing of that would happened." he finished.

I looked up from my notes and to my side to meet with his face with scars. His holoform is affected by his real self. "And would you let her go?" I asked. His brows went down, saying, "No because hybrids are endangered kind. But she could be with you here, in your berthroom all the time and I would have not been so harsh all the time. But you said nothing and kept it as a secret. Do you think I shouldn't be mad? Pft, funny." I thought about it once again. "Are you saying truth? Truth?" I suspiciously asked. He vented and looked up. With no more thinking he answered me, "Of course, I do. Maybe I lied to you about me and your carrier and about Elmela's injury, but not now. I mean it." He looked back at me; my optics met with his. I think he is saying truth this time. Then, out of nowhere, I've got question, "Then why did you hurt her servos, twice?" "Because I hate lies and you know that. Lying is thing that shouldn't be here. I know I've lied, but it was for your own good. But she did it intentionally." he said. I sighed. I know that very well. "Okay, sire, you've got the point." He looked away from me, saying, "But thanks to your behaviour I need to comm someone. I was not going to do that because you are strong mech, but you need some help. You're still young." I confusingly raised my brow.