Chapter 2: A Thief

A lot has changed ever since Luke and Annabeth got here. For one, I've gone out of Camp on a lot more occasions than I expected. I even got enrolled in a private academy, with Chiron as my Latin Teacher. I know he's just there to keep me safe, which is frustrating. But I wouldn't trust anyone else to teach me that subject.

I guess after you defeat 2 Furies without breaking a sweat, people tend to trust your abilities a bit more. Who knew?

"Percy Jackson!" I heard, snapping me from my musings. I looked over to Chi-, I mean, Mr. Brunner. He was looking at me expectantly, waiting for me to respond. "Sorry, I was spaced out," I admitted, eliciting a sigh from my mentor and some snickers around classroom.

"I urge you to focus on your studies, Percy. Even if this might just be review for you, put some effort into my class," he insisted, exasperated. "Sorry, Mr. Brunner. What was the question, sir?" I asked, though not bothering to fix my relaxed position.

"What events led to the first titan war?" He questioned slowly. "Kronos, King of the Titans, fearing a prophecy he received from his father, Ouranos, chose to devour his children once they were born. In grief, Rhea, Kronos's Wife, swapped her last child with a rock, and had him raised by nymphs on Mount Dikte in Crete.

After many years, Zeus returned to the palace of the Titans on Mount Othrys, posing as a cupbearer to Kronos and the Titans. He poisoned his father, causing him to disgorge Zeus's other siblings, to which they escaped and initiated the battle that last 10 years," I lazily replied, and Chiron didn't even bother checking it.

The class stared at me, apparently still amazed at myself despite spending the last year with me. To my left, Grover simply rolled his eyes. And I just knew it was about my posture, and not my response.

"Thank you, Mr. Jackson. Can you tell the importance of learning this in the modern age?" Chiron then asked. I was really tempted to say that they still lived, but that wouldn't go over well.

"There's a lot of morals and symbolism within mythology, that often teach valuable lessons that can help improve our lives. Such as not repeating the same mistakes as the many idiots these stories tell us about," I answered, holding my tongue from making the truest honest reply. It was a very tough battle.

Chiron simply nodded in approval, and went to continue his lesson when the bell rang. "Enjoy your vacations, class. I encourage you, over the summer, to find a myth or legend you best relate to, and give me a report on the symbolism behind the tale. Dismissed!" He announced, allowing to get up and leave; our last class done with.

"Percy, Grover," Chiron called us back, and we walked over while the class filed out.

"Sir?" I asked, watching discreetly as the room was slowly made vacant. When the door latches closed, I relaxed my posture a bit more. "Good work today, Perseus. Grover, I urge you to participate more in the future," Chiron stated, giving me a hug as he came around the table.

"I'll think about it. We can't have 2 know-it-all's in the class, Percy has enough time with bullies," Grover returned, shooting me a look. "It's not my fault. Some people just like to pick on those smarter than them," I retorted defensively. "It is quite the problem, unfortunately. We'll figure it out for next year. Until then, you've earned your breaks," Chiron congratulated, dismissing us with a wave while returning behind his desk.

"See you at Camp, Mr. Brunner," I called back as we exited the classroom. The halls were twice their usual mess, but it helped to have my reputation. Everyone moved out of my way, letting Grover and I get to our dorm room.

You see, Yancy has a lot of extracurricular activities. I am undefeated in the on-campus ring, unbeatable in track and swimming, and the MVP 2-years running in Football. Safe to say, no one's bothering us. Despite my personality, everyone's so worried about crossing me, it's annoyingly amazing.