Chapter 13 - The Next Morning

No Ones POV -

Neither of them woke up until about 10 am. Harper was first to wake up and decided to make breakfast for him and Danny since Danny's parents weren't going to be home until Monday.

He decided on waffles and bacon. He was finishing up the bacon when Danny woke up. Danny shuffled out to the kitchen at the smell of food and saw Harper.

"Good morning." Harper mumbled, not looking at Danny.

"Mmm" Danny grumbled back, still tired.

Harper couldn't help but chuckle at this. Danny didn't even notice as he started to set the table for the food.

Harper brought over the food and sat down across from Danny. They both got their food and started eating, not saying a word to eachother.

Harper was the first to speak.

"Wanna talk yet?" Harper asked, being very cautious with his choice of wording.

"After breakfast." Danny replied, still not fully awake.

They continued eating in silence for a while before Danny finished and got up to go to his bedroom.

Harper followed, hoping they talk in his room.

"Can we talk now?" Harper asked when they got to Danny's room.

"Yeah, whatever." Danny mumbled, not looking at Harper.

"Ok, so I like you if you couldn't already tell. I've liked you for a couple months and being alone last night, I finally got a chance to tell you.-" Harper paused, looking directly at Danny who still wasn't looking at him.

"And Im sorry about last night. I didn't mean to almost make you cry and I feel bad." Harper finished, now looking away from Danny and picking at his hands.

The room stayed quiet for a bit after Harper finished. Danny sat down on his bed and started picking at his own hands, taking a deep breath before finally talking.

"I wasn't lying last night. I like you too. I've had a crush on you for a while too and I just didn't know how to tell you. Lilah knew but promised not to tell anyone. I'm pretty sure her and Marco set us up by saying they'll go and then canceling so we'd be alone." Danny ranted, finally stopping.

Harper thought about what Danny said and realized that he was probably right. He had told Marco that he liked Danny and Danny told Lilah he liked Harper. They must've devised a plan to get them together and came up with this.

Even though Harper would like to continue this thought, he still had to talk to Danny about this whole thing.

"Well if you wanna date then we can. But if your not ready, I can wait. It'll be fine whatever you wanna do." Harper said.

He was trying as hard as he could to make sure Danny was comfortable. If he wanted to date then they could. If he didn't then Harper would wait until he was ready.

"I wanna date... but I also wanna go kinda slow with it. I mean, I've never been in a relationship. Matter of fact, my first kiss was with you, last night." Danny said, now laying back with his arm over his face.

That last part caught Harper by surprise. He didn't know that was Danny's first kiss. He thought that he had kissed at least one person but no. He hadn't.

"Shit, I didn't know that was your first kiss, sorry." Harper mumbled to Danny.

Danny laughed a bit at this. He wasn't that worried about it and hoped before the kiss that Harper would be it. So he got his wish.

"It's fine, I kinda wanted my first kiss to be with you anyways." Said Danny, blushing redder now.

"Oh... well then, I'm glad you got what you wanted." Replied Harper, blushing redder too.

They both stood around a while, it wasn't comfortable but it wasn't really uncomfortable either.

Then, Danny motioned for Harper to come sit on his bed next to him and Harper obliged.