17

Jungkook pov

Convincing Jimin to take it easy was easier said than done.

Jungkook could tell Jimin was overcompensating, trying to be useful so he didn't kick him out or something.

Everything was a battle of wills, not that he minded, he could freely admit that he liked that the omega wasn't with him for what he could get.

Even though he knew the omega had come to his home with just the clothes on his back.

He had to remind himself that Jimin wasn't with him.

But his brain seemed to forget the little detail more and more.

On their return from the hospital Jungkook had called his personal shopper to acquire a new wardrobe for Jimin.

During their get to know each other session at the hospital he had learned Jimin didn't really have a favorite color.

Instead he favored neutrals, darks and earth tones.

He'd also told the doorman of his building to let the shopper in to get Jimin's sizes, before they returned; that explanation hadn't gone down well.

"But I can't let—" Jimin had looked around the walk-in.

"You can't do this, kook... it's not right, it's totally wrong— it's too much."

He hadn't heard a word past the omega saying his name.

So far Jimin had gone out of his way not to say his name.

At least that was what it had felt like.

But hearing it from his mouth had Jungkook imagining Jimin breathing it out as his cock slid into his body.

The lines had blurred since they returned from the hospital...

oh, who was he kidding, the lines had blurred from the moment he'd brought jimin into his home.

From the moment he'd seen fit to decide this was a man he could take to meet his papa, the lines had blurred.

"Are you sure I look okay? I don't want your papa to,"

The omega wiped his hands up and down the dark green skinny jeans he had on.

At least Jungkook thought they were jeans. Whatever they were, they molded to Jimin's body to perfection.

"Jungkook," Jimin called.

"Huh, what?" he asked, glancing at jimin briefly then back on the road.

"I said, what if he doesn't like me?" Jimin's voice trailed off.

Jungkook took his eyes off the road for a second and was about to tease Jimin until he caught the vulnerable glint in the omega's eyes right before he looked away.

And noticed Jimin's legs were tapping a mile a minute.

"Of course he will, you both have a lot in common."

"I bet you hit it off completely."

The tapping stopped and he could feel Jimin's eyes on him, "You think so?"

"I know so," Jungkook reassured.

"What about the, you know.." he fidgeted, "baby."

He whispered like there was someone else in the car that could hear them.

"Trust me, that will give you points in your favor."

"But it's, they're... it's..."

Jungkook wanted to laugh at how much Jimin was tying himself up in knots to say the baby wasn't his.

And sure, biologically the baby wasn't his but it could be.

"Papa doesn't need to know that," he replied to Jimin's question before the omega bit his tongue trying to get it out.

"You're right, I'm not showing yet, I'm sure you can come up with a reason why we've mysteriously broken up before it's time," Jimin muttered under his breath like he was trying to convince himself.

Jungkook said nothing in return.

Because Jimin was right, the baby wasn't his.

But it could be, the annoying voice pointed out again.

He wasn't sure what to do with these feelings and thoughts he'd been having but he knew now wasn't the time to figure them out.

Not just for him but for Jimin too.

The guy had just been hurt by the last asshole he dated, he was pregnant and emotional.

So now wasn't the time to explore whatever feelings he may or may not be having towards Jimin.

Thankfully, they pulled up to gates leading to his parents' home, and Jungkook used that as an excuse to shove whatever thoughts he was having way down deep.

He used his gate opener to let himself in and glanced over at Jimin. The man looked as tight as a bowstring about to snap.

The body so still, Jungkook could not tell if he was even breathing.

Jungkook said a prayer to the Gods that this whole thing went well. He wanted Jimin and his papa to like each other.

He may not be willing to admit anything else to himself, but he knew what he wanted and it started with his papa and Jimin getting along.

They just had to.

_________________________________________