Chapter 1: Uninvited

She run as fast as she can that she forgot the path she had trodden. She stopped running and hesitate to take the path inside the forest. The forest where monsters live.

"There's no way I can survive from that, however, dying like this is fine than dying at the hands of my family." She thought as she caught up her breath.

After deciding to continue the path inside the forest and gathering the courage to go in, she continues to run. She runs inside the forest nonstop until she feels dizzy. Her body stopped on its own. Her knees are too weak to move anymore, making her collapse. She slowly leans her back to the tree to let herself rest even for a bit of time. However, she hears the voices of a group of men talking and the footsteps of horses.

She forced herself to get up and tried to run but it was too late. She accidentally stepped on a piece of thin wood and caused a sound. She looks where the voices came from earlier, she checked if they notice it or not. When she saw the men's shadow walking in her direction, she started to feel fear, fear of being captured by her father again. She was surprised and scared at the same time when someone grabbed and covered her mouth using a hand.

The young woman looks at the unknown who suddenly grabbed and covered her mouth. She was shaken to see a guy wearing armor.  The guy noticed the young woman's stare and he looks at her, and then he whispered to her ears softly, "Don't make unnecessary noise. We're not here to harm you. Our ruler, our Queen, sent us to rescue you." After that, the guy removed his hand from her mouth. She looks at the guy who is currently giving signals to his unit. The woman realizes that there are a lot of them and they are hiding well so that no one will think they are ready to ambush.

The guy signals his unit to ready, aim, and fire the arrows at the count of three. No one hesitates to aim and fire it in an instant, the group who chased the young woman died at once.

"We should go, Princess Aeliana Visjaro of the Northern Philippias, Your Highness," the guy said with respect and showed his respect by bowing his head. The other members of the unit bow their heads either.

Aeliana Andhara Visjaro, the second child of the ruler of the Visjaro kingdom, was the first daughter of King Visjaro. The princess who was said died a long time ago.

The guy or the knight commander assists her as she walks since her knees are weak to walk without the help of anyone. She finds it weird since no one treated her like that before. However, she's afraid that the knight commander was just like the people who used her.

Princess Aeliana was abused by her family, especially her father. The reason for abusing Princess Aeliana was her father can gain something from abusing her.

The attendants of the Visjaro household tend to show their good side to Princess Aeliana to gain something for her and later on, they also do what her father does to her. They betrayed her.

*Flashback*

"Princess Aeliana, I brought some delicious food for you. I hope you like it!" a woman attendant came with a tray of delicious food and a smile.

Princess Aeliana who didn't eat for three days due to her father's command didn't hesitate to get the food and eat it. As she eats the food, the woman attendant secretly looks at her creepily.

"Th-thank you fo-for the food," Princess Aeliana thanked the attendant even though she stutter.

Princess Aeliana doesn't talk to anyone except for her father and even talking to her father was difficult for her.

"It's nothing, Princess Aeliana, you deserved it," the woman attendant said creepily with a smile on her lips, and then, she left.

For consecutive days, the woman brings food for the Princess which made the Princess happy and like the female attendant. However, not knowing that the woman attendant was asked by her father and those foods have been mixed with poison that will kill her slowly.