chapter three

Sundrop opened his eyes, dazed and tired. He looked up and saw the security guard plugging cords into the back of his head. The security guard looks down at him and jumps away slightly.

      Sundrop began to feel dizzy. Something compelled him to stand up, pulling the cords off of his head. His head began to spin frantically. The security guard backs away in horror as a dark figure staggers towards her.

      The moon grabs the security guard's arm and dangles her to eye level. "You." It manages to say in a corrupted voice, similar to sundrop's. The moon throws the security guard on the floor and leaves the parts and service room.

      He begins to levitate in the air and floats into the empty daycare. Chica enters the daycare, as she usually does to check on sundrop. "S-sundrop?" She steps back in shock as moondrop approaches her. "He isn't here." moondrop's head spins in an ominous way, as his eyes glow a bright red.

Chica let out a shrill scream to attempt to snap him out of it. moondrop staggered backwards and fell to the ground. Chica ran up to check on him, but moondrop grabbed her beak to prevent her from screeching.

He paused. what are you doing?! Please! Stop it! Sundrop's voice echoed in Moondrop's head. He loosened his grip and begins crying. "W-what ha-have I do-do-do-done?" His voice was back to sundrop's, but it was glitching frantically.

Moondrop sobs and turns back into sundrop. "I am so-so-sorry! I'm not sure what ha-happened" sundrop says, tears sliding down his face. "Shhh, you're okay." Chica wipes sundrop's tears away (not a ship) "i-it was.. m-moon..." sundrop manages to say through tears. Sundrop realized what the moon was doing, and left the daycare.