Moonlit Violets. (Violets part 2)

Thank you all for all the support you give me, I really appreciate it🥺

And thank you Vampy0 for requesting such a cute chapter to write💜

if you have not read Violet's  this can be read by itself, but that can give a little bit more background into this chapter. It can be found in my Ymbryne book💜

Any other requests I will gladly write, just send them my way
-----

"Are you just going to stare at her until she comes over ?" Rosalina leaned back in her rickety old seat taking a sip of her wine as she toyed with the wicker lining. "You're gonna be waiting much longer than your little heart desires love."

Alma knew she was right. Isabelle had been dancing around all the night, socializing to her hearts content, striking up a conversation with everyone there at least twice as she moved around the hall.

Except Alma that is. The silver haired woman seemed to be avoiding Alma every sense the party started. She did have the decency to give Alma a brief "Hello" before she excused herself and dissapeared into the unfathomably crowded dance hall. There were so many people shoved into the little hall typically used for small meetings, there wasn't even enough seats for 1/3rd of the people.

The Party was a huge hit between peculiar and ymbrynes alike, everyone particularly wanting to just let loose and enjoy themselves, even if it was only for a night. Although this was lovely to Alma, it was also incredibly bothersome and put her on edge in ways she couldn't describe with words.

"What, want us to drag her over here for ya?" Roe said with a smirk. Alma glared, which in turn made Roe snicker. "Alright fussy, go see yer lasse" She said softly, stealing Rosa's half drunk wine and finishing it off for her.

Alma sighed, "better late than never." She shrugged, dusting off her dark blue ball gown.
With each step her panic grew along with her hope for something, anything to swipe her attention away from the woman she was positive she was already red in the face over.

"Miss!" A tiny voice called excitedly from across the ballroom. Alma's forest green eyes flicked to from one priority to another, her beloved Claire toddling up to her in her fancy, light blue gently used heels she aqquired from  one of the Ymbrynes in training who had then in an old box.  Olive trailed behind, constantly tugging at her light yellow ball gown, trying to keep it out from under her weighted boots. When Olive  first tried it on she stepped on it and tore the crinoline under it, miss Avocet taking the pleasure in fixing it while she taught her own girls their lessons under the oak tree in the courtyard.

"We're checking in!" Claire touched miss P's dress with intrigue. The soft silk was like refreshing water to the fingertips as swayed when Alma moved, the silver glitter accents gleaming in the light.

"Alright thank you. Check in another half hour please." Alma bent down to speak with claire face to face as the shoe ballroom was incredibly loud.

"You look lovely miss." She gently touched Alma's cheek. "You look like one of my fancy dolls." She said with a smile.

"Why thank you darling. You look wonderful also." Alma returned the compliment. Her dress was rather old, she wore it to her first ever peculiar ball when she was only just barely 17. It had remained at miss A's in a closet ever sense as Alma didn't want it to get ruined in her travels to find children. She didn't even need to have it resized, only having to pull the dresses ribbon a bit tighter due to loosing weight so rapidly over the past few months. The whole ball tonight was quite impromptu, more of a "come in what you have" kind of event, and Alma couldn't see any more dress fit for the occasion. It was a symbolic thing to her, the dress which once symbolized her first beginnings as a Ymbryne, now symbolizing her new beginning of being free.