Mara

Mara is the protagonist of this sci-fi world. Born blind, she may have lacked the sense to see, but the rest of her senses are all amplified. Compared to other blind people that she knew, and according to the doctors she have consulted, her other functional senses are much more intense than normal which made her wonder why---and even developed having suspicions of her own origin.

Considering that she grew up in a special needs orphanage and has no idea of her bloodline, her desperate yet imaginative mind quickly went into conclusions, and so she went on with her life with a mission: to find her parents. With that, she found a reason to live her life properly than before, and even used her amplified senses to her advantage.

Now, in Planet X, the need for AI engineers and scientists are constantly on-demand, and those who are deemed as rank SSS in these specific professions are heralded as the future of the humanity. An AI engineer or scientist with a rank of SSS is rare, but an AI engineer and scientist with a compatibility of more than 75% is rarer. So why is this a thing? AI engineers and scientists usually do their job as partners---everything is all about building a good AI body dependent on human consciousness.

In this world, people don't usually die according to their physical limits, instead they transfer their whole head and spine into an AI body, which in turn makes them live longer. As such, humans aim to produce more efficient and more advanced human dependent AI bodies, rather than actual robots. The idea behind it is that they are more focused on surpassing and crossing the threshold of the limits of human life.

Naturally, the compatibility of the engineer and scientist working on an AI body is crucial. The lower their determined compatibility rate is, the lower quality of an AI body they could produce. However, the class of the final product varies because their rank as individuals also affect it. Many factors are to be considered, but since they input their energy---a unique feature of the humans of this world which is called "Tamiga", which works like a mana if it were in magical terms---their rank and compatibility matters a lot. If a rank SSS scientist and a rank SSS engineer with an average compatibility of 62% work together, they could produce a good AI body. However, if their compatibility is above 75%, then to say that their work would be considered phenomenal is an understatement.

The catch is, not everyone could be an AI scientist or AI engineer. Their tamiga must be of a certain root; metal or lightning, which are two of the most uncommon tamigan root to have. Not rare, only uncommon. Approximately, 1 out of 100 humans could have a metal or lightning root, but the thing is, not everyone with this root would instantly decide to be an AI scientist or engineer, since taking that career path is only for those who have a safety net, or willing to take a great risk.

Right now in Planet X, there are currently at most 50,000 AI engineers, and 50,000 AI scientists. With a population of 2 billion, this number of AI engineers and scientists is considered sparse. However, it is enough to keep this society going, as AI bodies may be usual, but it is not common. Only those who are rich enough or have power enough could avail this ground-breaking technology.

To do the procedure of ingrating yourself to an AI body has its risks, but as the decades went on, the risks became much lesser and technically, as long as you can afford it, you can "live" longer.

So how does Mara come into all of this?

As the one possessing the main protagonist halo, all of what she considers an obstacle in her life, she gets rid of smoothly. Anything she plans, the world follows.  Of course, aside from the natural law of all universes that everything must be in balance, the protagonists have the ticket to be able to be successful no matter their situations. The world revolves around them, as each universe has their own human center point. Protagonists may all be under the natural law of balance, but their existence have exceptions and benefits compared to others. As such, they are naturally bound to attract drama.