chapter five

"officers, thank you. it won't happen again, i can promise you that much." laurel politely thanked the cops.

"tell mr. fisher the chief wants to set up a tee time when he gets back in town."

"absolutely. sorry again for all the trouble." she apologized. "have a good night, officers." she smiled, closing the door and turning to the teens.

"how could you guys be so irresponsible?" she scolded. amelia really didn't like being yelled at, especially by adults. even if she knew she was to blame, she didn't didn't like when people even raised their voices slightly. something laurel quickly found out when she got onto the girl for breaking one of belly's dolls and amelia just flinched, breaking into tears.

so instead of listening to her yell at the teens, amelia took out her phone and decided to text gavin in order to distract herself.

'hey stranger' she typed, sending it. the message was read just as fast as it was sent.

—————————
gavin:)
—————————

hey stranger

millieeee

gavinnnnn

i was wondering when you'd text me.

tbh i wasn't going to

amelia, consider my feelings hurt.

i tend to have that affect ;)

so what made you change your mind?

needed a distraction i guess.

okayyy. and how should i help?

umm.. where are you from? idk.

small talk? really?

—————————

a tap on her shoulder caused her to look up, unable to respond to gavin.

"hey, you good?" jeremiah whispered, nudging her shoulder. he also knew of her strong distaste towards confrontation.

amelia nodded quickly, "yeah, i'm good." she smiled up at him.

"just.. go to bed, guys." laurel dismissed. it was clear she was disappointed in the group of teens. she trusted each of the boys to be responsible and not drink at the bonfire, and she trusted amelia and belly to not sneak off and walk all the way to the beach alone at night.

all 5 teens made their way up the stairs. each person going to their respective rooms, except belly. she followed amelia in her room holding up frozen peas to her cheek.

"wanna have a sleepover?" the younger girl asked, causing amelia to smile. "sure."

when both girls were laying down facing the ceiling there was a knock on the wall. jeremiah usually did that as a 'goodnight'.

amelia smiled to herself, knocking on the wall in return. she turned on her side, he back facing belly. no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't fall asleep. the only thing occupying her thoughts being the curly haired boy one room over. not even the extremely hot guy she just made out with. but jeremiah fisher.