chapter fifteen

"gavin, would you just get the god damn ice cream?!" amelia yelled at the boy, causing several shoppers to look at the two.

"sorry." she smiled awkwardly, looking around at the different people. "his brain doesn't work as fast as others, gotta give him a sec."

"millie, i swear, i will shank you if you scream at me one more fucking-"

"gavin, honey." she gritted through a smile. "there are people around, we can't make joke's like that." she chuckled.

"whatever. are we done here? my mum said i've got to be home at 9." he rolled his eyes. the two were still wearing the clothes from their game of dress up and they've gotten plenty of stares.

"okay, okay. we're done." she sighed, walking to an empty register.

the old woman ringing up their snacks smiled at the two of them happily. "oh, young love." she sighed happily. "you two are so cute." the woman smiled.

gavin opened his mouth to object, but amelia beat him to it.

"yes, we're so happily in love." she grinned at the woman. gavin chuckled softly, going along. "we're um, we're actually expecting. she's not showing yet." he wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"yeah. cravings, am i right?" amelia nodded towards all of the sweets the two purchased.

"oh, how sweet. i wish you two the best. have a blessed day, and congratulations." she handed them the bags. "thank you, and you as well." gavin smiled politely. "come now, honey. time for that ultrasound." he lifted his arm, amelia grabbing hold of it and walking out of the store.

once they were inside of gavin's car, the two began dying in laughter.

"the way she bought it!" gavin howled in laughter. "yeah." she giggled. "now what is she gonna say in a few months when i don't show up with a baby bump?" she quirked an eyebrow.

"i don't know." he shrugged, turning on the car. "miscarriage?" amelia rolled her eyes at the boys suggestion, "don't joke like that. people take offense nowadays."

"whatever. how's things with fisher?" he asked, changing the subject. "umm.. i don't know."

"what do you mean? you two seemed rather cozy earlier." he inquired, eyes still on the road. amelia sighed. "yeah, well we kissed last night and now-"

"hold on." gavin slammed on the brakes, causing amelia to have to stop herself from banging her head on the dash by putting her hand out. thankfully no other cars were on the road.

"damn it, gav."

"you two kissed?!" he repeated, as if he didn't believe her. "yes, keep up." she snapped her fingers.

"now, he acts as if nothing happened. and i mean, yeah i'm the one who walked away and he probably thinks i thought it didn't mean anything, but he needs to use that pea brain and see that i fucking like him, damn it." she groaned, hitting her thighs in frustration.

"i don't know, mel. i don't think he's that into you..." he shrugged. amelia's eyes widened, "do you really think that?"

"of course not, mills." he chucked. "the fool is head over heels for you. an idiot could figure it out just by the way he looks at you."

amelia blushed. "how does he look at me?" she asked, biting her nails. "like he wants to fuck you or like you're the only girl in the world for him." he looked over at her before returning his focus to the road. "so you'd have to be either blind or just plain dumb to believe that boy is anything but in love with you." he smiled.